Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

What Did You Do To Your WR Today??

Go down 
+139
Jens Eskildsen
nin01
rrarthur
sillymike
05cr125r
darngood1
Lawmanfl
dicklane625
Caldsy
rarepartbuilder
WesEv
BCRider
Jremeee
Vulture
Prime
SumoWRR
kuzican
dmmcd
Wanderer
T-Rev
robby0304
DutchTerror
blusmoke
Steve74
KiLLeRrKeN
Korack
Tewster2
stevep84
rsteiger
TwoBuells
Pooka
Gruvey12
mcdoudlehopper
Fiftygrit
beer goggle
pfy50
DPete
Evol
SonnyGoBRAAP
Prairieparson
miniceptor86
beaterbaja
JBEGNOCHE
Biglake
dadof6
andysrage
viper770
bruno
papi4baby
TheBackRoads
Kurt250
xaman
texascycle
josh
DragonNester
Arkmage
sewerat
Coop
IdahoRenegade
StreetGhost
jason meacham
2Stamp
john westcott
pkbinder
wristpin
Axl
Daamud
BBRadar
Delta_T
Krispy
A66auto
larryk
KC0514
ejfranz1
Caan Saer
oic0
Ozy
DirtBiker84
00PowderSpecial
grw800
mr-cave
Dave Z
dnf
skierd
47une
SoupSandwich
Slrsedan
mcwbyu82
taoshum
addikted2boost
rider213
spacecadet
gatorfan
mucker
Akasy
Tammy
DougZ
kbike
pbnut
SteveO
glock19
Shoootr
Nelonen
malibu_dan
Daddio
cryptomundo
trav72
Rule292
SheWolf
texasreb
adamoto
flatboarder
Sproat Sport
dtx
Dancamp
Midnite171
motokid
TBird1
zone47
BuilderBob
chouser
dustcloud
Huskerwrx
Jäger
mattnadz
Brunnie
GsVs
usgpru27
railbird
dc4stroke
Farmer17
X-Racer
YZEtc
velvetcows
Berwyn Henderson
GusinCA
WRXR
little squirt
bsheet2
143 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Tewster2

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 18 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 1:50 pm

pfy50 wrote:
Tewster2 wrote:

BTW ordered my Cycra hand guards today...don't want my manicure to get damaged Very happy

Naw! That's what your face is for. poser2
Haha, I've got a face made for radio!
Back to top Go down
pfy50

pfy50

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 18 EmptyThu Dec 25, 2014 6:13 am

Tewster2 wrote:
Installed a Ricochet bash plate that an inmate on the ADVrider forum sent me for free. Nice. I have a yellow iM2100 Pelican case coming that I'm gonna mount on the rear rack. Will make a great beer cooler  Very happy
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 18 IMG_2661_zps24b7fe3f

Tim,

I have the same plate. To afford a little extra protection to that exposed 4in. of hose above the water pump wrap an old bicycle tire carcass or 2in. dia. water hose around it to prevent rock nicks.

Yeha-Noha
Merry Christmas, Paul
Back to top Go down
Tewster2

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 18 EmptyThu Dec 25, 2014 8:10 am

Will do. I'm thinking about making an piece for the plate to have extend it a bit higher to keep more junk off the motor. When I mounted the plate, I used some hard nylon fender washers to space the plate off the frame a bit. The plate sure makes the motor louder with the reflected noise. I like mechanical sounds. But...I took the thing out for a ride today and the noise was terrible. Probably gonna take the thing off for paved riding.
Back to top Go down
rarepartbuilder

rarepartbuilder

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 18 EmptyThu Dec 25, 2014 2:02 pm

Merry Christmas folks

Regarding the skid plate and noise ..i've been rubber mounting a lot of things including the klr skid plate ..in 5000 kms of on and off road it moves back maybe 1/8" and that is only noticeable on clearance made for the oil drain access \bolt removal hole.. anyway food for thought. My WR2 will be receiving the same skid plate rubber mount treatment later this winter ..just not now.. {its +10c here and light rain... just waiting for a opening in the weather for a quick ride...}

one rubber mount method .... HERE

best of luck and happy holidays

Bill
Back to top Go down
Tewster2

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 18 EmptyThu Dec 25, 2014 5:47 pm

My plate is isolated from the frame by nylon washers. The noise I'm referring to is reflected engine noise. I'll use the plate when off road but not when road riding. Looks good on the bike though.
Back to top Go down
pfy50

pfy50

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 18 EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 1:42 am

Tewster2 wrote:
My plate is isolated from the frame by nylon washers. The noise I'm referring to is reflected engine noise. I'll use the plate when off road but not when road riding. Looks good on the bike though.

Tim,

Suggestion #2: spray the inside of the plate facing the engine with Plasti-Dip or Flex seal to act as a poor man's anechoic sound deadening material. beavis  
Back to top Go down
Tewster2

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 18 EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 8:35 am

Sounds good. I'm gonna take it to one of those bed liner places to have a thick coat of rubber stuff sprayed on. Should be pretty tough and last a long time. Gonna spray both sides.
Back to top Go down
pfy50

pfy50

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 18 EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 6:51 pm

Tewster2 wrote:
Sounds good. I'm gonna take it to one of those bed liner places to have a thick coat of rubber stuff sprayed on. Should be pretty tough and last a long time. Gonna spray both sides.

Tim,
Check back in the threads here or ADVRider forum. That has been done(bit expensive)before; see how it worked out for them. I don't recall off hand if they did it for protection or stop the plate itself from rattling, but if you can find the thread it might say how it worked out.

Yeha-Noha,
Paul
Back to top Go down
Tewster2

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 18 EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 11:28 pm

Got a friend who does the bed liner stuff so cost is ok. The plate itself does not rattle...just reflects a bunch of engine noise. Took the plate off today and had a nice 250 mile ride on a bunch off FL backroads. The little bike just keeps getting better and better... thumb
Back to top Go down
pfy50

pfy50

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 18 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 8:30 am

Tewster2 wrote:
Got a friend who does the bed liner stuff so cost is ok. The plate itself does not rattle...just reflects a bunch of engine noise.  Took the plate off today and had a nice 250 mile ride on a bunch off FL backroads. The little bike just keeps getting better and better... thumb

Have fun but even with the noise I'd rather that then cleaning out all the places that fine Florida sand is going to get into. tough cry
Back to top Go down
DPete

DPete

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 18 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 1:54 pm

I used 4 pieces of clear tubing about 3/4" long slit so they would clip on the frame tubes 2 on the bottom and 2 on the front down tubes, better but still have some noise, learned to live with it.
Back to top Go down
TwoBuells

TwoBuells

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 18 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 5:49 pm

Now you guys are scaring me about this noise from the skid plate. I want to install one but should I get an aluminum one or the Moose Racing Plastic skid plate? When I’m on the road I listen to Satellite Radio with speakers in my helmet and my FMF Q4 is loud. Do you think the skid plate noise is that annoying?
Back to top Go down
Tewster2

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 18 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 6:21 pm

I mounted my plate with nylon washers between the plate and frame. I used nylock bolts to attached everything. There was no rattling at all from the plate. On mine though, around cruising speeds @60 mph there was a resonance from the reflected noise of the motor. It was really bad to me. I love the sound of the little motor without the plate so I took it off for now. I'm gonna do the Rhino Coating to see if I can put up with it. If not I'll just hire someone to run in front of the bike and sweep the rocks away... dutch
Back to top Go down
stevep84

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 18 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 10:28 pm

TwoBuells wrote:
Now you guys are scaring me about this noise from the skid plate. I want to install one but should I get an aluminum one or the Moose Racing Plastic skid plate? When I’m on the road I listen to Satellite Radio with speakers in my helmet and my FMF Q4 is loud. Do you think the skid plate noise is that annoying?  

I have a Flatland Racing bash plate on mine and I have no problems listening to the radio even with the FMF Powercore 4 making a racquet behind me.
Back to top Go down
TwoBuells

TwoBuells

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 18 EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 10:33 pm

stevep84 wrote:
TwoBuells wrote:

I have a Flatland Racing bash plate on mine and I have no problems listening to the radio even with the FMF Powercore 4 making a racquet behind me.

cool thumb
Back to top Go down
pfy50

pfy50

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 18 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 1:28 pm

TwoBuells wrote:
stevep84 wrote:
TwoBuells wrote:

cool thumb

It's just a matter of noise tolerance. ALL bash plates are going to reflect some engine and exhaust noise(It's a sound baffle) just deal with it, because the alternative is a lot worse!   tough
Back to top Go down
Tewster2

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 18 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 10:58 pm

Mounted my Cycra hand guards and Pelican iM2100 case today. I'm ordering the Cycra triple clamp brackets as the ones that come with the guards and mount to the handlebar interfere slightly with the cable routing and also to clear up some space on the handle bar for my Ram mounts. The Pelican case was very easy to mount to the Scaggs rear rack using four M6 stainless bolts, washers, and nylock nuts. Should have plenty of room to strap a small 24 ltr Ortlieb bag between me and the case. Next come the Moto-Racks and Wolfman bags. Little by little...
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 18 IMG_2673_zpsdd12178e
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 18 IMG_2678_zpsf81fbe9a
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 18 IMG_2676_zps6f6c807a
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 18 IMG_2679_zps2f53a321
Back to top Go down
pfy50

pfy50

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 18 EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 11:51 pm

Tewster2 wrote:
Mounted my Cycra hand guards and Pelican iM2100 case today. I'm ordering the Cycra triple clamp brackets as the ones that come with the guards and mount to the handlebar interfere slightly with the cable routing and also to clear up some space on the handle bar for my Ram mounts. The Pelican case was very easy to mount to the Scaggs rear rack using four M6 stainless bolts, washers, and nylock nuts. Should have plenty of room to strap a small 24 ltr Ortlieb bag between me and the case. Next come the Moto-Racks and Wolfman bags. Little by little...

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 18 IMG_2678_zpsf81fbe9a

Hey Tim,

Pelican Should pretty much match the Wolfie bags in yellow. thumb

How is the Cycra mounts interfering with the cable routing(you should see my basket of snakes). It looked ok in the photo?

ps. My TEX should be back in about a week or so the WRR is going on the lift for extensive work and will be out of service for a while. sick
Back to top Go down
Tewster2

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 18 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 9:48 am

There is not a lot of interference with the cables but I'm mostly wanting to take the mounts off the middle of the handlebars to clear up space. The adaptors should be here on Friday. I also ordered a 14 tooth front sprocket to use with the stock 43 tooth rear to see how the road manners are. Plus it will move the chain from the slider a bit more for longevity. I'm running the chain with slightly more slack than the manual calls for and it appears to be working well. 900 miles so far and the little engine gets better and smoother each day. Temps in the lower 80's today and clear skies....looks like a 2 to 3 hundred mile day thumb

BTW, just a little note on the Trail Wings...here at the Florida house there is only sand and more sand on most of the trails through the Ocala National Forest....the tires work well....I guess it is because the bike is so light....on my 1200 GS when it even sees sand it goes ahead and falls over....I may eventually sell it to an unsuspecting buyer.... Very happy
Back to top Go down
pfy50

pfy50

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 18 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 9:46 am

Tewster2 wrote:
There is not a lot of interference with the cables but I'm mostly wanting to take the mounts off the middle of the handlebars to clear up space. The adaptors should be here on Friday. I also ordered a 14 tooth front sprocket to use with the stock 43 tooth rear to see how the road manners are. Plus it will move the chain from the slider a bit more for longevity. I'm running the chain with slightly more slack than the manual calls for and it appears to be working well. 900 miles so far and the little engine gets better and smoother each day. Temps in the lower 80's today and clear skies....looks like a 2 to 3 hundred mile day thumb

BTW, just a little note on the Trail Wings...here at the Florida house there is only sand and more sand on most of the trails through the Ocala National Forest....the tires work well....I guess it is because the bike is so light....on my 1200 GS when it even sees sand it goes ahead and falls over....I may eventually sell it to an unsuspecting buyer.... Very happy

Hey Tim,
That 3.07 ratio, 14/43 might be good for flat out Florida, but probably not the best for out west. I have my 14T sprocket ready to go on, but I Have a 46 or 49 chainring to match it to for the mountains. Give us a test report (GPS speed)when you get it on. Your engine should smooth out a little as you get it to full breakin .
Have fun.bannana
Yeha-Noha,
Paul
Back to top Go down
Tewster2

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 18 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 11:45 am

Sounds good. I'll take the 13/14 fronts and 43/48 rears when we go out to UT/CO/WY/NV in the spring. The 14 should be here tomorrow and I'll give it a go. The speedo should be close to accurate with the 14.
Back to top Go down
pfy50

pfy50

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 18 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 3:02 pm

Tewster2 wrote:
Sounds good. I'll take the 13/14 fronts and 43/48 rears when we go out to UT/CO/WY/NV in the spring. The 14 should be here tomorrow and I'll give it a go. The speedo should be close to accurate with the 14.

Yeh,
I use the 12 O'Clock Speedo DRD to correct mine. That way I can change sprocket ratios and tires, and calibrate it for what I have then: http://www.wheelingcyclesupply.com/shop/product/12-oclock-labs-speedo-drd/492
Back to top Go down
Tewster2

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 18 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 4:11 pm

Thanks Paul, got it on my list. If I read right I need a 110 link chain to fit the 14/48 combo correct?
Back to top Go down
TwoBuells

TwoBuells

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 18 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 5:00 pm

I just installed Renthal chain and Sprockets 13/48, bought a 120 link and cut it to 112
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 18 IMG_0905_zpse72c2150

Last edited by TwoBuells on Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tewster2

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 18 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 5:01 pm

Perfect thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

What Did You Do To Your WR Today??
Page 18 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24  Next