Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

Error Code 18: Stuck servo motor

Go down 
+11
Smathersfish
DougZ
rydnseek
Rule292
skidmarx
greer
YZEtc
skierd
motokid
SheWolf
zdenton
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
motokid
motokid

Error Code 18: Stuck servo motor - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Error Code 18: Stuck servo motor   Error Code 18: Stuck servo motor - Page 4 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 3:45 pm

Do the connectors on yours look like the ones on mine? Roughly?

Error Code 18: Stuck servo motor - Page 4 DSCF8845

Airbox Door Removed - Flapper glued - AIS removed
FmF Q4
Bridgestone Battlax BT-003rs
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

PostSubject: Re: Error Code 18: Stuck servo motor   Error Code 18: Stuck servo motor - Page 4 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 3:52 pm

^^^^

What is that other white wire and plug and that plastic looking airline for?
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Error Code 18: Stuck servo motor   Error Code 18: Stuck servo motor - Page 4 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 3:57 pm

DougZ wrote:
^^^^

What is that other white wire and plug and that plastic looking airline for?

The airline looking thing is a vent. An airline so to speak.

The other thingy is for hooking to a turbo or something.

It's useless for our wr's basically.

AI does mostly snowmobile stuff....so apparently it's something left over from those sleds......

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

PostSubject: Re: Error Code 18: Stuck servo motor   Error Code 18: Stuck servo motor - Page 4 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 3:59 pm

Interesting....cause you take those items off and it looks almost like my FMF. Very happy
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Error Code 18: Stuck servo motor   Error Code 18: Stuck servo motor - Page 4 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 4:01 pm

DougZ wrote:
Interesting....cause you take those items off and it looks almost like my FMF. Very happy

Yes - it sure does. But mine was probably cheaper. Very happy

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: Error Code 18: Stuck servo motor   Error Code 18: Stuck servo motor - Page 4 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 4:08 pm

thumb Funny tho...considering Derek was there when that programmer was being built, before FMF released it.. He was with Dobecki for quite a while and went on his own.

PostSubject: Re: Error Code 18: Stuck servo motor   Error Code 18: Stuck servo motor - Page 4 EmptySat May 21, 2011 9:30 am

I installed the HMF fuel programmer. After motokid's post everything was a go. Called HMF and the programmer is installed properly based on the flashing lights I got once the programmer was installed. I now have no error codes or CEL and my HMF programmer is installed. Thanks to this forum I was able to do the aforementioned things and never once had to contact the dealer! Sweet! Motokid, Shewolf, and others; "you rule". Now I want to do something else just to see if I can. Zac
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Error Code 18: Stuck servo motor   Error Code 18: Stuck servo motor - Page 4 EmptySat May 21, 2011 9:33 am

zdenton wrote:
I installed the HMF fuel programmer. After motokid's post everything was a go. Called HMF and the programmer is installed properly based on the flashing lights I got once the programmer was installed. I now have no error codes or CEL and my HMF programmer is installed. Thanks to this forum I was able to do the aforementioned things and never once had to contact the dealer! Sweet! Motokid, Shewolf, and others; "you rule". Now I want to do something else just to see if I can. Zac

Welcome to the addiction my friend.

Post some pictures. There's a picture area here at the forum.
Look around.

We have fun everywhere here.

Well - most of us do.

Happy False Rapture Day

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
zdenton

PostSubject: Re: Error Code 18: Stuck servo motor   Error Code 18: Stuck servo motor - Page 4 EmptySat May 21, 2011 8:05 pm

Black wheels are next. Powder coating, new wheels, or what? Which is cheaper, and which is the most durable? Zac Also, I want to start posting pictures, but do not know how. What's up on that one!?
Back to top Go down
motokid
motokid

PostSubject: Re: Error Code 18: Stuck servo motor   Error Code 18: Stuck servo motor - Page 4 EmptySat May 21, 2011 8:13 pm

Posting pictures....click me dude. :)

FmF Q4
Back to top Go down
DougZ

DougZ

PostSubject: Re: Error Code 18: Stuck servo motor   Error Code 18: Stuck servo motor - Page 4 EmptySat May 21, 2011 8:16 pm

motokid wrote:
DougZ wrote:

Yes - it sure does. But mine was probably cheaper. Very happy

I got mine for $120 brand new. Can you beat that? Very happy
Back to top Go down
Smathersfish

PostSubject: Re: Error Code 18: Stuck servo motor   Error Code 18: Stuck servo motor - Page 4 EmptySun May 01, 2016 5:21 pm

First Post!

I bought Zac's bike. When I saw his name on this forum I decided to register and investigate! The bike came with a box of parts that included various fasteners, wires, cables, and old watch parts! It took me a couple of days to find the correct locations for the extra fasteners! I think I got them all as all plastic and the exhaust is now secure. Decided to get a new torque wrench and go over the entire bike! He must have got it correct because the bike runs great now. A little pop on deceleration but nothing compared to my Triumph!

P.S. Thanks Zac. I am enjoying the bike and have added skid plate, bark busters, & radiator guards. On order are 13/49 sprockets, X-ring chain, & new chain slider. Next will be new tires. Tires are causing analysis paralysis!
Back to top Go down
k1322

PostSubject: Re: Error Code 18: Stuck servo motor   Error Code 18: Stuck servo motor - Page 4 EmptySun May 08, 2016 2:53 pm

Borrowing existing thread.
I have issues with error code 18 after EXUP servo eliminator install.

Problem:
Engine light comes on and gives error code 18. Light comes on some time after starting the bike and comes and goes during riding. When on, it always stays on for several minutes, and are gone for several minutes.

What has been done:
Unplugged and removed EXUP servo and replaced with exup eliminator plug (http://www.ebay.com/itm/EXUP-Exhaust-Servo-Eliminator-for-Yamaha-R6-R1-FZ1-VMAX-/371316925653)
Started bike. Ran ok, no errors, turned it of.
Noticed problems some months later when riding the bike for the first time after the install.
Bike already had FMF exhaust/fuel programmer and was running fine for years.
Unplugged/cleaner/checked connectors. All ok. No cables damaged.

Defective eliminator plug or is the ECU screwing with me?
Can i measure the eliminator plug for correct resistance?
Back to top Go down
CRFan1

PostSubject: Re: Error Code 18: Stuck servo motor   Error Code 18: Stuck servo motor - Page 4 EmptyMon May 09, 2016 9:19 am

I am going to guess your Servo Eliminator plug is defective....
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Error Code 18: Stuck servo motor   Error Code 18: Stuck servo motor - Page 4 EmptyMon May 09, 2016 4:26 pm

Can you mount the servo and clear the code?
Back to top Go down
k1322

PostSubject: Re: Error Code 18: Stuck servo motor   Error Code 18: Stuck servo motor - Page 4 EmptyMon May 09, 2016 4:34 pm

Im planing to test to put the servo back in. Dont really see why putting it back in would solve it for clearing the fault code, as removing it again would just as well creating the se problem. The bike did not have a battery for some months during the period the exup was removed.
Back to top Go down
k1322

PostSubject: Re: Error Code 18: Stuck servo motor   Error Code 18: Stuck servo motor - Page 4 EmptySat May 14, 2016 8:25 am

Re-connecting the servo resets the error code and servo motor open/close then turning ignition on.
Re-connecting the servo eliminator makes the error code come back within some minute(s).
Contacted the seller again and requested a refund or replacement unit.
Back to top Go down
Jens Eskildsen

PostSubject: Re: Error Code 18: Stuck servo motor   Error Code 18: Stuck servo motor - Page 4 EmptySat May 14, 2016 1:24 pm

Back to top Go down
Fc

PostSubject: Re: Error Code 18: Stuck servo motor   Error Code 18: Stuck servo motor - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 16, 2023 2:49 am

What is code 18 yamaha wr 250r
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Error Code 18: Stuck servo motor   Error Code 18: Stuck servo motor - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Error Code 18: Stuck servo motor
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4