Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

fuel pump problem

Go down 
+104
Jens Eskildsen
rsteiger
asphaltaddict33
keenWR
FJROB
timzim
X-Racer
BCRider
DSO
Bookaroo
chriswh86
johnkol
k1322
Epee
TioJose
WolfpackFBNS
Lord Hornka
kvon
averian
GT-250
vagabondmatt
Monkeynuts
bfgjohno
5S Dude
grw800
jicanew
Rule292
hamish54
Adam.
Jonnythong
Decapsuleux
galland1
Coop
Delta_T
MO-tarder
papi4baby
Silverfz1
airbornediver
jimbop
cambojimmy
sswrx
Heoz
04asphalt
ramz
ballisticexchris
duanew
daggone928
Novy
TwilightZone
tomar19
A66auto
tblumer
Berwyn Henderson
rokka
mr-cave
00PowderSpecial
ratthing
mattnadz
YZEtc
Jäger
wr250x08
Will B
mordicai
Akasy
motokid
jason meacham
DesertRatliff
mwgak
Mach828
edteamslr
oh2RideMore
cryptomundo
mrdoo2
bhmax
Yaozer
skrew
renokjm@gmail.com
Mr.Metal
mhm2a
Jomamaha
denniswrr
nonlinear
SuperSize
malibu_dan
Hertz
BlueAngel
f3joel
ozarkadver
Chadx
Noppy
BluePill
SheWolf
KNjonjo
Chrispy1200
OOk
rydnseek
0007onWR
mwakey
bash3r
inspector
mtb
greer
dirtytrixx400
108 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
skrew

fuel pump problem - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: fuel pump problem   fuel pump problem - Page 5 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 11:34 am

They tried with ZTR-125 pump and it works as expected. So I am goind so purchase original pump.
Back to top Go down
skrew

PostSubject: Re: fuel pump problem   fuel pump problem - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 10:22 am

Today got new pump from yamaha ZTF 125 and pump is the same as mine in WR250X (1100-01090), partnumber of new is 08*****, old 07*****
Back to top Go down
skrew

PostSubject: Re: fuel pump problem   fuel pump problem - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 9:12 am

Yesterday I took my old fuel pump, ATX PC Power Supply and connect +12V to the pump. First 5-10 seconds it works fine, but later it became hot and stop spinning at all. I triggered contacts few times to see how much they can spin at all. After 1-2 minutes of playing with it I felt that pump became hot! And sound was like rotor of pump is stuck while spinning.
May be I will disassemble it soon to see that is inside it. Stay tuned!
Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

PostSubject: Re: fuel pump problem   fuel pump problem - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 10:04 am

Got a call from the dealer yesterday. They don't think the pump is bad, they think the fuel filter is clogged. fuel pump problem - Page 5 Icon_scratch I'm entertaining it for now even though it's total bullshit. The tech said he's gonna clean it and try it, I told him to knock himself out. I'll be taking it for a ride and checking the fuel pump operation before it comes home. Something is telling me it's gonna be staying there.
Back to top Go down
skrew

PostSubject: Re: fuel pump problem   fuel pump problem - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 10:16 am

Hertz wrote:
The tech said he's gonna clean it and try it, I told him to knock himself out.
You are pretty close :)
Fuel filter is unserviceable, only replace.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: fuel pump problem   fuel pump problem - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 10:26 am

You can take the fuel filter off and wash it; others have done that.

PostSubject: Re: fuel pump problem   fuel pump problem - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 10:35 am

SheWolf wrote:
You can take the fuel filter off and wash it; others have done that.

Or leave it as is. If it works - dont fix it.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: fuel pump problem   fuel pump problem - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 10:43 am

That's the thing tho, if you have the pump out to see what's going on, cleaning the filter isn't gonna hurt it. There's obviously a problem if you've got to rip it out; if it's as simple a fix to cleaning the fuel filter, someone's gonna save themselves some cash on a fuel pump if that's all it is. Just sayin...

denniswrr

PostSubject: Re: fuel pump problem   fuel pump problem - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 11:25 pm

Well... took my bike to the dealer after talking with yamaha usa (yamaha said if it's the fuel pump it's 100% covered), that was on 7-14. The 27th they finally called me and said they're sure it's the lean angle sensor, maybe because it's not in its stock location (airbox top removed) and to put it back to stock and that will cure it. Guess what Great Lakes Power Sports? NOT IT! After a little heated discussion and a little cussing, got them to call Yamaha USA tech. support, wouldn't ya know they said they've been having some issues with these and will send one asap. Only problem is they are on backorder so asap means the end of August..boo, oh well at least it's covered and Yamaha recognizes the problem. Looks like for now it's time to fuel pump problem - Page 5 723941 and fuel pump problem - Page 5 9356
Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

PostSubject: Re: fuel pump problem   fuel pump problem - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 12:40 am

Glad you got that sorted out. Well, my dealer now acknowledges the pump is bad but state that it failed because of all the dirt that was clogging my fuel filter, starving the pump, leading to its end, which causes it to not be covered. Give me an effing break. So, in spite of my Y.E.S. (should be NO) warranty, the build date of my bike, the symptoms, the recall in Japan, etc. not only will I not be getting my pump replaced, I have to pay the dealer for looking at it, pay for the pump myself, and I wasted 300 something on that stupid yes warranty. How the hell do you even get that much dirt in your tank you might ask, yeah that was my question too, well the "tech" on the phone said it was most likely a combination of too much off road riding (wtf) and, get this, I should have never filled up at the pump, I should have always been extremely careful to only fill up out of a clean, dedicated gas can. WTF!?!?

Im with denniswrr on this one... fuel pump problem - Page 5 9356 fuel pump problem - Page 5 9356 fuel pump problem - Page 5 9356 and more importantly fuel pump problem - Page 5 723941
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: fuel pump problem   fuel pump problem - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 7:49 am

That is an unbelievable crock. Have you called Yamaha USA?

Sarah
Back to top Go down
denniswrr

denniswrr

PostSubject: Re: fuel pump problem   fuel pump problem - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 9:15 am

damn that blows, you should call yamaha usa and tell them your problems, vin and milage they should help you out. tell them you know its been recalled in japan and if you have to email them the link to the recall. I guess I got lucky with mine, my wife would've flipped her shit if I had to spend $300 plus $80/hour labor for a new pump.
Back to top Go down
Hertz

Hertz

PostSubject: Re: fuel pump problem   fuel pump problem - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 4:46 pm

I have not called Yamaha yet. Would the dealer have to call them since this was (supposed to be) a warranty issue? If so I'm thinking the dealer probably ruined my chances with Yamaha too.
Back to top Go down
Jomamaha

PostSubject: Re: fuel pump problem   fuel pump problem - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 8:24 pm

My dealer called Yamaha after his diagnosis . They are sending one (backordered till Aug.13)
even though I am out of warranty. I will have to pay labor.
Back to top Go down
denniswrr

denniswrr

PostSubject: Re: fuel pump problem   fuel pump problem - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 9:42 pm

Hertz wrote:
I have not called Yamaha yet. Would the dealer have to call them since this was (supposed to be) a warranty issue? If so I'm thinking the dealer probably ruined my chances with Yamaha too.

Don't know if they would've or not but it never hurts to call Yamaha USAs customer service line and don't take no for an answer. IMHO dealing with this pump issue is fuel pump problem - Page 5 622730 , they should just bite the bullet and recall the damn things.
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Re: fuel pump problem   fuel pump problem - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 5:18 am

Hertz wrote:

You call them, they are easy to talk to. Be sure to share the load of crap info your dealer tried to tell you, but be nice about it. Yamaha needs to be consistent in they way they respond to this issue.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
Yaozer

PostSubject: Build Date of 12/07   fuel pump problem - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 8:47 am

Anyone with an early build date (12/07) have his problem? I'm not sure if this will be an issue on my X, which was built on 12/07.
Back to top Go down
bhmax

PostSubject: Re: fuel pump problem   fuel pump problem - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 2:39 pm

Was looking forward to a nice dual sport ride today. My 08 X 03/08 build date has about 4k miles. I've only had one issue starting it in the several months I've owned it. That was a few months ago after it had sat for probably a month or so. Paranoid after reading all these threads, I pulled the X out of my garage and into the direct sun and 90*+ temps for about 20 minutes. Sure enough, no fuel pump prime sound. Won't start. Hear a weakened fuel pump prime sound after subsequent cranks. Deciding whether or not it's even worth getting Yamaha involved. I'd rather replace it myself if I even have to pay just labor. Maybe a good time to upgrade to the new 3 gallon tank...
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: fuel pump problem   fuel pump problem - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 6:06 pm

bhmax wrote:
Was looking forward to a nice dual sport ride today. My 08 X 03/08 build date has about 4k miles. I've only had one issue starting it in the several months I've owned it. That was a few months ago after it had sat for probably a month or so. Paranoid after reading all these threads, I pulled the X out of my garage and into the direct sun and 90*+ temps for about 20 minutes. Sure enough, no fuel pump prime sound. Won't start. Hear a weakened fuel pump prime sound after subsequent cranks. Deciding whether or not it's even worth getting Yamaha involved. I'd rather replace it myself if I even have to pay just labor. Maybe a good time to upgrade to the new 3 gallon tank...
If you buy a pump it is really easy to change.
No need to pay labor IMO, takes less than an hour is nothing complicated.
Back to top Go down
bhmax

PostSubject: Re: fuel pump problem   fuel pump problem - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 7:02 pm

Yeah, don't think I'd have a problem. Just wondering if it's worth hassling with trying to get Yamaha to pay for it like some guys have.
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: fuel pump problem   fuel pump problem - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 10:17 pm

bhmax wrote:
Yeah, don't think I'd have a problem. Just wondering if it's worth hassling with trying to get Yamaha to pay for it like some guys have.
I understand, I was a year out of warranty and they told me to get bent...
I changed my own, did a write up on it on SMJ board if you want to look it over.
http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=101584&highlight=fuel+pump
Back to top Go down
bhmax

PostSubject: Re: fuel pump problem   fuel pump problem - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 10:31 pm

Saw that, thanks a bunch! Will probably just order one up.
Back to top Go down
greer

PostSubject: Yamaha fuel pumps   fuel pump problem - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 6:33 am

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=588118

That's all about the scooters. Might be good info to know if you decide to tackle the pump issue with the dealer. When I called Yamaha back in the Spring to ask about a recall, the Customer Service lady went on about replacing pumps under the emmisions warranty regardless of the factory warranty.

Sarah
Back to top Go down
SuperSize

PostSubject: Re: fuel pump problem   fuel pump problem - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 1:10 pm

Well, the dealer finally "diagnosed" that the fuel pump is bad. And by diagnosed I mean listened to me. When I first brought it in this time they were thinking it was too low on gas. I told them that the fuel light just came on and I was only about 8 miles into low fuel. But the didn't believe me and added about 1/2 a gallon. Luckly, for me the gas was in a can and at air temp ~92F so it still wouldn't start. So, I told them to start it in the morning and then try in the afternoon, they did and reproduced the problem. So, they ordered a new pump finally. Hope it ships here soon. I can't wait for my warranty to end so I can just fix my bike myself. Can't believe how crappy the service departments are around here.

Oh, the first time dropped it off with them they thought the battery was bad and gave me a new one and said it was all fixed.

I'll let you guys know when the pump comes in.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Metal

Mr.Metal

PostSubject: Re: fuel pump problem   fuel pump problem - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 5:58 pm

I can't believe how difficult it is to get the service departments to fix a KNOWN problem. Goddamn lazy bastards. Next time, just print out this thread and show it to them. Or better yet, print out the bad pump bulletin from Yamaha.

This is just ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fuel pump problem   fuel pump problem - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

fuel pump problem
Page 5 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next