Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

What Did You Do To Your WR Today??

Go down 
+139
Jens Eskildsen
nin01
rrarthur
sillymike
05cr125r
darngood1
Lawmanfl
dicklane625
Caldsy
rarepartbuilder
WesEv
BCRider
Jremeee
Vulture
Prime
SumoWRR
kuzican
dmmcd
Wanderer
T-Rev
robby0304
DutchTerror
blusmoke
Steve74
KiLLeRrKeN
Korack
Tewster2
stevep84
rsteiger
TwoBuells
Pooka
Gruvey12
mcdoudlehopper
Fiftygrit
beer goggle
pfy50
DPete
Evol
SonnyGoBRAAP
Prairieparson
miniceptor86
beaterbaja
JBEGNOCHE
Biglake
dadof6
andysrage
viper770
bruno
papi4baby
TheBackRoads
Kurt250
xaman
texascycle
josh
DragonNester
Arkmage
sewerat
Coop
IdahoRenegade
StreetGhost
jason meacham
2Stamp
john westcott
pkbinder
wristpin
Axl
Daamud
BBRadar
Delta_T
Krispy
A66auto
larryk
KC0514
ejfranz1
Caan Saer
oic0
Ozy
DirtBiker84
00PowderSpecial
grw800
mr-cave
Dave Z
dnf
skierd
47une
SoupSandwich
Slrsedan
mcwbyu82
taoshum
addikted2boost
rider213
spacecadet
gatorfan
mucker
Akasy
Tammy
DougZ
kbike
pbnut
SteveO
glock19
Shoootr
Nelonen
malibu_dan
Daddio
cryptomundo
trav72
Rule292
SheWolf
texasreb
adamoto
flatboarder
Sproat Sport
dtx
Dancamp
Midnite171
motokid
TBird1
zone47
BuilderBob
chouser
dustcloud
Huskerwrx
Jäger
mattnadz
Brunnie
GsVs
usgpru27
railbird
dc4stroke
Farmer17
X-Racer
YZEtc
velvetcows
Berwyn Henderson
GusinCA
WRXR
little squirt
bsheet2
143 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
YZEtc

YZEtc

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 10 EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 9:39 pm

Installed a new fuel pump.
The original one hadn't stopped working, but since it is a 2008 model, I decided to change it and try to eliminate the "What if?" factor.

As with the 2008 WR-250R I rode and changed pumps on last year, the new one makes the engine run a wee bit stronger.
I'm not complaining. :)
And, as with last year's bike, the new pump also sounds more beefy when I turn the ignition switch on, too.

I now have a functioning pump I don't need from a 2008 WR-250X if anybody wants it.
They can have it for cost of shipping (within the 48 United States, please). :)

Edit:
I had a spare fuel pump.
Not no more. :)
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 8:32 pm

I rode that thing reeeeeeeeeeeal good. :)

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 10 061911wr-250xx
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 8:48 pm

My R is now an X.

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 10 2011-06-19_19-16-48_813

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 10 2011-06-19_18-02-29_105

Already feel like more of a hooligan. wings
Back to top Go down
Akasy

PostSubject: Pump   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 9:06 pm

I'll take the pump--at that price. PM coming.

YZEtc wrote:
Installed a new fuel pump.
The original one hadn't stopped working, but since it is a 2008 model, I decided to change it and try to eliminate the "What if?" factor.

As with the 2008 WR-250R I rode and changed pumps on last year, the new one makes the engine run a wee bit stronger.
I'm not complaining. :)
And, as with last year's bike, the new pump also sounds more beefy when I turn the ignition switch on, too.

I now have a functioning pump I don't need from a 2008 WR-250X if anybody wants it.
They can have it for cost of shipping (within the 48 United States, please). :)

Edit:
I had a spare fuel pump.
Not no more. :)
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 9:12 pm

Sorry, Akasy, but the pump is already gone. :)
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 9:18 pm

Dave, does that mean you aren't getting rid of your bike?!! wink

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 10 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 10:42 pm

Yup, gonna give the X flavor a try for a while. I was really shocked at how different the bike handled and rode with the new wheel set up. With the 17's it really is a different animal all together and is just the change I was looking for (for now).
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 10 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 4:45 pm

Went and found some mild dirt and mud to play in with the new tires.

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 10 2011-06-21_15-59-52_368

This ain't gonna be bad at all. It definitely slides around a lot more than when it had D606's but definitely more than fine for the 99.9% of riding I do. I was able to clean most of the rear tire off on the way home too.

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 10 2011-06-21_16-15-28_10

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 10 2011-06-21_16-15-23_796

Back to top Go down
Slrsedan

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 10 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 4:08 am

thought I'd tidy up that sidestand switch.....wasnt keen on it......
Left pillion peg guard got a slim down as well!! What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 10 Phto0014What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 10 Phto0015What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 10 Phto0016What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 10 Phto0017
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 10 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 9:44 pm

I rode that sumbitch. :)

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 10 062711wr-250xx
Back to top Go down
YZEtc

YZEtc

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 10 EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 9:47 pm

I rode 'er reeeeeeeeel good. :)

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 10 070211wr-250xx002
Back to top Go down
trav72

trav72

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 10 EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 11:19 pm

Me too! Right into the ground.

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 10 Img-2010
Back to top Go down
dc4stroke

dc4stroke

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 10 EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 6:09 am

dc4stroke wrote:
Put the quite core insert in the pipe. Not a lot of help. But it did shut it down a bit at idle.

Got fed up with the pipe and replaced it with a Q4.
I'll ride some after I get in from fishing and check it out more. Since I only had time to ride it around the block after I changed it.
Back to top Go down
bsheet2

bsheet2

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 10 EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 9:43 am

Spooned on some MT21 tires front and back. Why MT21's?? Well they are the only ones at a decent price that are knobbies and come in the lower profile tire that I saw in stock. I was going to put a Michlin T63 on the rear. But none in stock at MCSuperstore.

Forgot to check balance on the rear. But front tire and rim does not look like it needs any weights at all. That's impressive!
Back to top Go down
bsheet2

bsheet2

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 10 EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 11:12 pm

Worked on my luggage solutions today. Side racks from the Wolfman. I already have some 30 liter water prrof duffle bags I will strap on them. I crafted a tail rack from a plastic cutting board. I made it to support a tail case from my KLR. It is a Kawi tail case for 2008 and up KLR650 that I had laying around. This will probably be a temporay solution till I get a water proof duffle bag to strap on the top.

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 10 Luggage1

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 10 Luggage2

Then I took her out to scrub in the new tires. Found a bit of dirt and some deep loose sand. She is runnin good!
Back to top Go down
kbike

kbike

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 10 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 3:23 pm

Installed a IMS 4.7gal gas tank.

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 10 CIMG2811-M
Back to top Go down
bsheet2

bsheet2

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 10 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 9:27 pm

bsheet2 wrote:
Worked on my luggage solutions today. Side racks from the Wolfman. I already have some 30 liter water prrof duffle bags I will strap on them. I crafted a tail rack from a plastic cutting board. I made it to support a tail case from my KLR. It is a Kawi tail case for 2008 and up KLR650 that I had laying around. This will probably be a temporay solution till I get a water proof duffle bag to strap on the top.

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 10 Luggage1

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 10 Luggage2

Then I took her out to scrub in the new tires. Found a bit of dirt and some deep loose sand. She is runnin good!

She took for a ride today! About 20 miles of single track in the Sam Houston National Forest. Good fun! Exhausting. But good. The best was when she wanted to jump over about a 12 inch log blocking the trail. We just sort of launched right over.
Back to top Go down
dnf

dnf

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 10 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 2:03 pm

Installed a Ricochet skid plate.
Used some tool dip on the frame to hopefully quieten things down (stole that idea from somebody else).
Bolted in a few seconds. Easy install. Nice welds on that piece of kit.

Going to try to see if it works today.
Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 10 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 10:01 pm

It was actually late last night, but I reaped the rewards today. I finally got to ride! IIt's been a month of down time, but I actually rode the bike to work for the first time today.

Before...

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 10 Dscn1022

After!

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 10 Dscn1033

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 10 Dscn1035

I also started messing with the CO setting after doing the jumper cable last night. Set it to 2 and rode. Hard to say if I notice any difference on the bottom end. I'll set it back to 0 (where it was) and ride some more.
Back to top Go down
Dave Z

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 10 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 10:18 pm

Raised both forks 18mm and took off on a trail to the Rio Grande Gorge near Taos cheers
Back to top Go down
bsheet2

bsheet2

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 10 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 10:36 pm

Added a throttle lock >>> cruise control

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 10 WR_throttle_lock

Added heated grips

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 10 WR_heated_grips
Back to top Go down
mr-cave

mr-cave

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 10 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 1:43 am

pbnut wrote:
It was actually late last night, but I reaped the rewards today. I finally got to ride! IIt's been a month of down time, but I actually rode the bike to work for the first time today.

I also started messing with the CO setting after doing the jumper cable last night. Set it to 2 and rode. Hard to say if I notice any difference on the bottom end. I'll set it back to 0 (where it was) and ride some more.

Did U have to change cables for mounting that fatbar or did it work allright anaway? (heard about that in another forum...)

And about your CO setting. I have mine set on 12 right now. So you need to step it away a little to make any difference that you actually feel.

Back to top Go down
pbnut

pbnut

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 10 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 2:35 pm

Cables were good to go. The electrical stuff was getting a little tight, but I was able to pull some extra out and everything works fine. At full lock they almost get tight. Nothing to worry about as far as I'm concerned.

I bumped the CO setting up to 4 since then. Maybe a difference? I'll try going up to 12 like you mentioned.
Back to top Go down
bsheet2

bsheet2

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 10:54 am

Did a test ride this morning to try out the throttle lock and see how the reserve works on IMS 4.7 gallon tank. Everything worked just fine. thumb

45 miles after the reserve light came on. I did lower the sensor when I installed the tank. So that means I should have about 240 miles to reserve and about 40 miles once the light comes on if I am getting 60 miles per gallon.

The throttle lock is a Vista Cruise (not the universal one, the standard one). It takes some fiddling to install it. But it is worth it if you are doing many open highway miles on a trip.
Back to top Go down
grw800

grw800

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 10:53 pm

Barkbusters VPS handguards.
Sandman Freedom Case Saver Kit.
AMS big rack.

Great products all around; couldn't be happier. OK, I am going to make some shorter mounting spacers for the AMS rack.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

What Did You Do To Your WR Today??
Page 10 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 17 ... 24  Next