Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

What Did You Do To Your WR Today??

Go down 
+139
Jens Eskildsen
nin01
rrarthur
sillymike
05cr125r
darngood1
Lawmanfl
dicklane625
Caldsy
rarepartbuilder
WesEv
BCRider
Jremeee
Vulture
Prime
SumoWRR
kuzican
dmmcd
Wanderer
T-Rev
robby0304
DutchTerror
blusmoke
Steve74
KiLLeRrKeN
Korack
Tewster2
stevep84
rsteiger
TwoBuells
Pooka
Gruvey12
mcdoudlehopper
Fiftygrit
beer goggle
pfy50
DPete
Evol
SonnyGoBRAAP
Prairieparson
miniceptor86
beaterbaja
JBEGNOCHE
Biglake
dadof6
andysrage
viper770
bruno
papi4baby
TheBackRoads
Kurt250
xaman
texascycle
josh
DragonNester
Arkmage
sewerat
Coop
IdahoRenegade
StreetGhost
jason meacham
2Stamp
john westcott
pkbinder
wristpin
Axl
Daamud
BBRadar
Delta_T
Krispy
A66auto
larryk
KC0514
ejfranz1
Caan Saer
oic0
Ozy
DirtBiker84
00PowderSpecial
grw800
mr-cave
Dave Z
dnf
skierd
47une
SoupSandwich
Slrsedan
mcwbyu82
taoshum
addikted2boost
rider213
spacecadet
gatorfan
mucker
Akasy
Tammy
DougZ
kbike
pbnut
SteveO
glock19
Shoootr
Nelonen
malibu_dan
Daddio
cryptomundo
trav72
Rule292
SheWolf
texasreb
adamoto
flatboarder
Sproat Sport
dtx
Dancamp
Midnite171
motokid
TBird1
zone47
BuilderBob
chouser
dustcloud
Huskerwrx
Jäger
mattnadz
Brunnie
GsVs
usgpru27
railbird
dc4stroke
Farmer17
X-Racer
YZEtc
velvetcows
Berwyn Henderson
GusinCA
WRXR
little squirt
bsheet2
143 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Tewster2

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 17 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 7:52 pm

Installed my Wolfman Bag and Garmin Montana 600 today. This is my first Wolfman piece of gear and it appears to be as high a quality as everyone said it is. Also got my Jared Scaggs billet rack. Haven't installed it yet but the thing is beautiful...I may just frame it thumb What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 17 IMG_2641-M
Back to top Go down
Tewster2

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 17 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 8:02 pm

BTW, got an email from Al Jesse today....appears he will be making racks and small cases for the WR after the first of the year....looks like I will hold off buying soft bags or Pelican cases....a pair of small 24 liter cases would be just fine with me :)
Back to top Go down
stevep84

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 17 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 3:14 am

Fitted a pair of Hel braided lines today. WOW, what a difference. I just did a short ride around the block but the feel is so much better. New fluid and a bleed may have helped as well.

I did make it hard for myself sucking the front reservoir dry twice and didn't seat the banjo on the caliper properly. It took me ages to work out why I couldn't get a pedal and had heaps of air.

Also fitted a Scaggs luggage rack the other day as well.
Back to top Go down
rarepartbuilder

rarepartbuilder

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 17 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 6:54 am

Tewster2 wrote:
BTW, got an email from Al Jesse today....appears he will be making racks and small cases for the WR after the first of the year....looks like I will hold off buying soft bags or Pelican cases....a pair of small 24 liter cases would be just fine with me :)

Looking good Tewster...Is that bra type item part of the tank bag unit?..oh and are you planning on some kind of Aux fuel supply.. or a larger gas tank.. or as is..lol after driving a bike with a huge gas reserve i'm finding it hard to get my head wrapped around the stock  WR gas tank.

It seems there are many going to a second light weight bike for all the gnarly stuff the heavier units bock at.I'm thinking of mounting soft bags  on the back for those narrow tight spots/goat paths .. obstacles  that may try and shave something off the back,.. look forward to seeing your mods evolve.
Bill
Back to top Go down
rarepartbuilder

rarepartbuilder

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 17 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 7:04 am

stevep84 wrote:
Fitted a pair of Hel braided lines today. WOW, what a difference. I just did a short ride around the block but the feel is so much better. New fluid and a bleed may have helped as well.

I did make it hard for myself sucking the front reservoir dry twice and didn't seat the banjo on the caliper properly. It took me ages to work out why I couldn't get a pedal and had heaps of air.

Also fitted a Scaggs luggage rack the other day as well.

How about posting up a picture of those lines mounted{do they have any hold down points/clamps to the bike besides the factory spots?}
Back to top Go down
stevep84

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 17 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 9:30 am

rarepartbuilder wrote:
How about posting up a picture of those lines mounted{do they have any hold down points/clamps to the bike besides the factory spots?}

No they just use the factory mounting points. I'll have to get a new mount of some sort to replace the one on the fork guard. I don't like the way it sits.

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 17 20141216_225833

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 17 20141216_225858

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 17 20141216_225906

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 17 20141216_225948

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 17 20141216_225934

Steve
Back to top Go down
rarepartbuilder

rarepartbuilder

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 17 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 10:06 am

Looks good ..The steel line has a nice protective sheath. That front mount you mentioned looks like there is room to put a pc of rubber hose with a slit around new line to tighten it up in that groove.

thanks for posting
Back to top Go down
stevep84

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 17 EmptyTue Dec 16, 2014 4:15 pm

rarepartbuilder wrote:
Looks good ..The steel line has a nice protective sheath. That front mount you mentioned looks like there is room to put a pc of rubber hose with a slit around new line to tighten it up in that groove.

thanks for posting

Yes, the plastic sheath is nice and thick but it is a pain to bend.

I thought about a peice of rubber but I don't know how well the line will bend with the plastic on it.
Back to top Go down
pfy50

pfy50

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 17 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 12:21 am

Tewster2 wrote:

Gee Tewster2 your sure are going the full boat route . Let's see the rack. Are you putting an extra fuel container on the rack for the Utah trip
 or just going with the stock tank?
Before you decide on your pannier sys. take a look at these Mule Packs http://www.moto-racks.com/Mule-Rack-Panniers.html they should be a bit lighter than the Jesse sys.

Paul
Back to top Go down
Tewster2

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 17 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 10:28 am

Good Morning,

I looked at the Mule Racks...very nice. I will probably go with a set of Moto-Racks and some Wolfman bags for now. Seems like that is the set up most are using. I've never traveled with soft luggage so I'm learning as I go. I'm gonna mount a small Pelican iM2100 case on the Jared Scaggs rear rack I got the other day for stuff I need to get to frequently. Since all of my travels over the years have been on the my big GS's, I'm really pairing down my camping and travel set up. Lots of fun. I ordered a Sandman case saver today. One thing at a time....BTW, planning my first Iron Butt SS 1000 on the little WR in the fall.

Cheers, Tim
Back to top Go down
Tewster2

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 17 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 10:42 am

rarepartbuilder wrote:
Tewster2 wrote:

Looking good Tewster...Is that bra type item part of the tank bag unit?..oh and are you planning on some kind of Aux fuel supply.. or a larger gas tank.. or as is..lol after driving a bike with a huge gas reserve i'm finding it hard to get my head wrapped around the stock  WR gas tank.

It seems there are many going to a second light weight bike for all the gnarly stuff the heavier units bock at.I'm thinking of mounting soft bags  on the back for those narrow tight spots/goat paths .. obstacles  that may try and shave something off the back,.. look forward to seeing your mods evolve.
Bill
Hi Bill,

I will probably go with a set of Moto-Racks with the mount for a small Rotopax fuel tank. The bra thing you see is probably the top of the tank. Sure looks like a bra though. It is my first piece of Wolfman luggage and the quality appears to be great. Easy to install and should last me many years. I try to buy the best stuff available because "I'm too poor to buy cheap" so to speak. I don't plan on doing very much if any real technical off roading...my age and skill level are working against me...but nice gravel roads like the Gravelly Range road in Montana and some of the easy passes like Cottonwood in Colorado are my cup of tea. Long distance riding really fascinates me right now so the WR will be interesting. I usually ride 20 to 30 thousand miles a year on my GS. Take care, Tim.
Back to top Go down
pfy50

pfy50

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 17 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 1:46 pm

Tewster2 wrote:
Good Morning,

One thing at a time....BTW, planning my first Iron Butt SS 1000 on the little WR in the fall.

Cheers, Tim

Hey Tim,

After Utah and Nevada you might change your mind about using the R2 for iron butt work, poser2 so what are you thinking as far as extending your fuel. It will be kind of busy stopping for fuel with just the OEM tank. baldy Tim is that IB SS 1000 a set course or any documented route. I was thinking heading out Rt.412 it runs 1006 miles from south of Nashville to almost to New Mexico/Colorado border. We can talk more when you get back.

Yeha-Noha, Paul
Back to top Go down
pfy50

pfy50

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 17 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 1:59 pm

stevep84 wrote:
rarepartbuilder wrote:

thanks for posting

Yes,  the plastic sheath is nice and thick but it is a pain to bend.

I thought about a peice of rubber but I don't know how well the line will bend with the plastic on it.

Stevenp84,

Check out this link from one our forum vendors. This is the clamp to use with a steel braided line.
http://www.wheelingcyclesupply.com/shop/product/zeta-front-brake-line-clamp/179
Back to top Go down
stevep84

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 17 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 5:32 pm

pfy50 wrote:
Stevenp84,

Check out this link from one our forum vendors. This is the clamp to use with a steel braided line.
http://www.wheelingcyclesupply.com/shop/product/zeta-front-brake-line-clamp/179

Cheers pfy50,

One of them is what I was planning to fit, just have to buy one.
Back to top Go down
Tewster2

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 17 EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 12:08 am

pfy50 wrote:
Tewster2 wrote:
Good Morning,

One thing at a time....BTW, planning my first Iron Butt SS 1000 on the little WR in the fall.

Cheers, Tim

Hey Tim,

After Utah and Nevada you might change your mind about using the R2 for iron butt work, poser2 so what are you thinking as far as extending your fuel. It will be kind of busy stopping for fuel with just the OEM tank. baldy  Tim is that IB SS 1000 a set course or any documented route. I was thinking heading out Rt.412 it runs 1006 miles from south of Nashville to almost to New Mexico/Colorado border. We can talk more when you get back.

Yeha-Noha, Paul
Hey Paul,

A Saddle Sore 1000 Iron Butt ride can be any documented ride of a thousand miles in 24 hours. The documentation is fairly straightforward. Go to the Iron Butt website to read about the details. Here is the link:
http://www.ironbutt.com/ridecerts/getdocument.cfm?DocID=1

A guy named Tim Yow has done over 30 SS1000's on different bikes so far. The smallest one he rode was a 150cc scooter!
Back to top Go down
pfy50

pfy50

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 17 EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 2:27 am

Tewster2 wrote:
pfy50 wrote:
Tewster2 wrote:
Good Morning,

Cheers, Tim

Hey Tim,

After Utah and Nevada you might change your mind about using the R2 for iron butt work, poser2 so what are you thinking as far as extending your fuel. It will be kind of busy stopping for fuel with just the OEM tank. baldy  Tim is that IB SS 1000 a set course or any documented route. I was thinking heading out Rt.412 it runs 1006 miles from south of Nashville to almost to New Mexico/Colorado border. We can talk more when you get back.

Yeha-Noha, Paul
Hey Paul,

A Saddle Sore 1000 Iron Butt ride can be any documented ride of a thousand miles in 24 hours. The documentation is fairly  straightforward. Go to the Iron Butt website to read about the details. Here is the link:
http://www.ironbutt.com/ridecerts/getdocument.cfm?DocID=1

A guy named Tim Yow has done over 30 SS1000's on different bikes so far. The smallest one he rode was a 150cc scooter!

Hey Tim,

Merry Christmas and have a safe trip south. cheers
I've been on the IB site before, but I just don't have the posterior endurance for it even on the big bikes. I have yet to try a goldwing for long distance so who knows.

Yeha-Noha,
Paul
Back to top Go down
Tewster2

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 17 EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 9:16 am

photo IMG_2649_zpsdf0bbe83.jpg photo IMG_2647_zps7dda9562.jpg
Just getting started with the set up. Mounted my Garmin 600 and SPOT unit with RAM mounts. I've got a powered locking mount coming for the 600 I will hard wire through a Centec power distribution unit. The Wolfman tank bag is a quality piece of kit. The Skaggs rear rack is a work of art! Looks like the Cycra hand guards are what most folks are using. Those are next.
Back to top Go down
beer goggle

beer goggle

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 17 EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 7:04 pm

stevep84 wrote:
No they just use the factory mounting points. I'll have to get a new mount of some sort to replace the one on the fork guard. I don't like the way it sits.

Is it not supposed to be routed the other way around the fork? I vaguely remember reading someone fitted a braided front going the other way...might be wrong though dunno
Back to top Go down
pfy50

pfy50

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 17 EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 7:26 pm

Tewster2 wrote:

Just getting started with the set up. Mounted my Garmin 600 and SPOT unit with RAM mounts. I've got a powered locking mount coming for the 600 I will hard wire through a Centec power distribution unit. The Wolfman tank bag is a quality piece of kit. The Skaggs rear rack is a work of art! Looks like the Cycra hand guards are what most folks are using. Those are next.

Nice Tim,

Are you doing any suspension work or just staying stock?

Paul
Back to top Go down
Tewster2

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 17 EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 9:22 pm

Probably gonna stay stock unless I have a reason to change it. So far it is good for my low and slow style :)
BTW ordered my Cycra hand guards today...don't want my manicure to get damaged Very happy
Back to top Go down
pfy50

pfy50

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 17 EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 11:01 pm

Tewster2 wrote:

BTW ordered my Cycra hand guards today...don't want my manicure to get damaged Very happy

Naw! That's what your face is for. poser2
Back to top Go down
TwoBuells

TwoBuells

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 17 EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 2:08 am

installed today new Renthal Chain and Sprockets 13/48, can't wait to try them. (still have to tighten the chain)
If you look on the rear brake caliper I installed the speed sensor for the Trail Tech Vapor I installed last week, pictures in the sweet mods section. I also have a set of Highway Dirt Bike Next Gen Hand guards on the way, I'll post some pictures in the sweet mods section later this week.
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 17 IMG_0867_zpsa8ed791a
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 17 IMG_0868_zpsa729dcda
Back to top Go down
stevep84

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 17 EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 4:25 am

beer goggle wrote:
Is it not supposed to be routed the other way around the fork? I vaguely remember reading someone fitted a braided front going the other way...might be wrong though dunno  

Not sure. The only part that doesn't sit right on mine is the factory clamp on the from of the fork shroud. I have read of people fitting the line to the outside but that was because they were fitting sumo wheels.
Back to top Go down
rarepartbuilder

rarepartbuilder

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 17 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 11:41 am

TwoBuells wrote:

If you look on the rear brake caliper I installed the speed sensor for the Trail Tech Vapor I installed last week,

Nice clean install. I like how everything tucks in tight and out of harms way.thumb
Back to top Go down
Tewster2

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 17 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2014 1:44 pm

Installed a Ricochet bash plate that an inmate on the ADVrider forum sent me for free. Nice. I have a yellow iM2100 Pelican case coming that I'm gonna mount on the rear rack. Will make a great beer cooler Very happy
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 17 IMG_2661_zps24b7fe3f
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

What Did You Do To Your WR Today??
Page 17 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20 ... 24  Next