Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

What Did You Do To Your WR Today??

Go down 
+139
Jens Eskildsen
nin01
rrarthur
sillymike
05cr125r
darngood1
Lawmanfl
dicklane625
Caldsy
rarepartbuilder
WesEv
BCRider
Jremeee
Vulture
Prime
SumoWRR
kuzican
dmmcd
Wanderer
T-Rev
robby0304
DutchTerror
blusmoke
Steve74
KiLLeRrKeN
Korack
Tewster2
stevep84
rsteiger
TwoBuells
Pooka
Gruvey12
mcdoudlehopper
Fiftygrit
beer goggle
pfy50
DPete
Evol
SonnyGoBRAAP
Prairieparson
miniceptor86
beaterbaja
JBEGNOCHE
Biglake
dadof6
andysrage
viper770
bruno
papi4baby
TheBackRoads
Kurt250
xaman
texascycle
josh
DragonNester
Arkmage
sewerat
Coop
IdahoRenegade
StreetGhost
jason meacham
2Stamp
john westcott
pkbinder
wristpin
Axl
Daamud
BBRadar
Delta_T
Krispy
A66auto
larryk
KC0514
ejfranz1
Caan Saer
oic0
Ozy
DirtBiker84
00PowderSpecial
grw800
mr-cave
Dave Z
dnf
skierd
47une
SoupSandwich
Slrsedan
mcwbyu82
taoshum
addikted2boost
rider213
spacecadet
gatorfan
mucker
Akasy
Tammy
DougZ
kbike
pbnut
SteveO
glock19
Shoootr
Nelonen
malibu_dan
Daddio
cryptomundo
trav72
Rule292
SheWolf
texasreb
adamoto
flatboarder
Sproat Sport
dtx
Dancamp
Midnite171
motokid
TBird1
zone47
BuilderBob
chouser
dustcloud
Huskerwrx
Jäger
mattnadz
Brunnie
GsVs
usgpru27
railbird
dc4stroke
Farmer17
X-Racer
YZEtc
velvetcows
Berwyn Henderson
GusinCA
WRXR
little squirt
bsheet2
143 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
AuthorMessage
dmmcd

dmmcd

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 22 EmptyThu Apr 23, 2015 9:44 am

I rode mine to work today! Peace YAM

Front end washed out on loose gravel going around a tight turn. I saved it but wound up in opposing lane of traffic. Luckily the car coming the other way was far enough for me to get back into my lane, but that driver was probably more scared than I was. Shog I hate doing embarrassing things in public.
Back to top Go down
kuzican

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 22 EmptySat Apr 25, 2015 8:14 pm

I finally moved the FMF programmer off the stock tune. Just doing a basic 3,3,3,8,8,8 to see how it does.
Back to top Go down
beer goggle

beer goggle

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 22 EmptySun Apr 26, 2015 10:50 am

Took her to a Gymkhana event & came second! Time to get some SM rims and take the victory wink

I had my first 'off' on the course too, luckily was a low speed drop. Zeta guards checked & cleared as functional!
Back to top Go down
ejfranz1

ejfranz1

PostSubject: Motoz mountain hybrid   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 22 EmptySat Jun 13, 2015 9:21 pm

Installed the Motoz mountain hybrid tire and went for a test ride.
Handles roots and loose rock very well.
On hard pack with gravel it feels a bit squirmy.
Back to top Go down
SumoWRR

SumoWRR

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 22 EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 9:00 pm

In the last week I installed a Mega Bomb header and Pro Billet rear rack, both look awesome and I love riding this thing. Oh and just did the SpeedoDRD. Back to spot on when cruising.
Back to top Go down
Jäger
Admin
Jäger

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 22 EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 3:00 am

I found two strays on shiny new WRRs aimlessly wandering the streets.  As it was clear they required adult supervision, I intercepted them to do just that.  Turned into a fascinating story.  They got the bug, read Big Dog's build thread over on ADV, set their bikes up very similarly, saddled up, and left their company to figure things out on it's own while they went out to ride the back country.

So dragged them back to Callsign Niner, brought them inside, threw GPS tracks and information at them, we drank many wobbly pops, and so on, and so on.  Anyways,  kicked them out of bed this morning, plied them with coffee and breakfast, and then dragged them off in search of adventure.  They're flatlanders, so I decided they needed to see a view:

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 22 20150710

Turned them loose and last saw them meandering off in the direction of the ferry....
Back to top Go down
T-Rev

T-Rev

PostSubject: Today I..   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 22 EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 6:28 pm

Added a fmf efi. and 6 holes in the airbox door with 1" uni air inserts

Bike is feeling way better way less restricted! Im ready for the Big trip in July up the Great Highway in Cali to 299 cheers dutch
Back to top Go down
T-Rev

T-Rev

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 22 EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 11:02 pm

Put some MT 90s on. feel sticky and planted
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 22 EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 11:14 pm

I installed my Giant loop Mohave, looks pretty good, looks like it will work out just fine.
Back to top Go down
Prime

Prime

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 22 EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 10:11 am

Jäger wrote:
I found two strays on shiny new WRRs aimlessly wandering the streets.  As it was clear they required adult supervision, I intercepted them to do just that.  Turned into a fascinating story.  They got the bug, read Big Dog's build thread over on ADV, set their bikes up very similarly, saddled up, and left their company to figure things out on it's own while they went out to ride the back country.

So dragged them back to Callsign Niner, brought them inside, threw GPS tracks and information at them, we drank many wobbly pops, and so on, and so on.  Anyways,  kicked them out of bed this morning, plied them with coffee and breakfast, and then dragged them off in search of adventure.  They're flatlanders, so I decided they needed to see a view:

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 22 20150710

Turned them loose and last saw them meandering off in the direction of the ferry....

Awesome!!! I'm jealous of your scenery too...
Back to top Go down
Prime

Prime

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 22 EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 10:15 am

Cut down my stock mudflap a bit, yet still should function as a fender. I'll be replacing the whole mess eventually with a DRC unit.

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 22 1C8B2E73-13F5-4C0D-AC72-C1BD6D04DE5D
Back to top Go down
KiLLeRrKeN

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 22 EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 2:36 pm

for some reason my wrx kept drinking fluids so I had to add more water wetter and distilled water lol I'll be keeping an eye out for it, maybe adding a LED light to see when the fan kicks on, and/or putting on a radiator cap that has a temp feature or something inline
Back to top Go down
Vulture

Vulture

PostSubject: Not really today...   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 22 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 8:07 am

Not really today, but this week I eventually managed to update my WR to 21st century standards by fitting GPS nav on it. My initial plan (last year) was to get a new Garmin GPSmap 64 base version without the Wifi gadgets. But things evolved into a different direction. At the beginning of the year we abandoned our old company Crapberries as the latest server soft update of BB did not support these anymore. So, by surprise and all of a sudden I held a brand new Android capable BB classic in my hand. So why still buy a GPS?

I installed OSMAND on that thing - worked.
I installed the contour line plug in - worked, but loads the CPU pretty much, nice-to-have thing which I never activated again after first test.
I learned how to make kml tracks in Google Earth and how to convert these to gpx - easy.
I installed tracks on that phone - to my surprise: worked without issues.
I tested the entire thing while commuting on my pushbike to work - works as long as you don't touch the display, then it stopped centering my position and I moved out of the display all the time - annoying.
I ordered Ram mount and Aquabox -  here is where the trouble starts. I had measured the phone by the millimeter. It perfectly matched the internal dimensions provided for the Medium Aquabox AQ2 series. It does so in reality. As long as it is positioned back in the case and does not stick out in to the cover hatch. That piece has much (and I mean much) smaller internal dimensions due to the thickness of this "flex lense" screen, membrane or however you want to call it. Moreover the frame of the hatch covers up the outer parts of the display. No good. In this way I could not properly operate the phone touch screen, nor did the remainder of visible display satisfy me. Got the Medium Wide Aquabox (AQ6 series). All sorted now. Display visibility and operability ok. Kept the smaller one for later projects with different phone ...maybe. However, what a bulky piece of kit on my bars now...scratch

Had a short test ride around the block only yet. Noticed that the phone became quite warmish if not hot. The heat is caused by OSMAND (the CPU loading actually), I noticed that before when playing around on the app, but inside the aquabox the thing is like insulated. I hope and pray the precious apparatus won't terminally overheat on it's first real ride this weekend. So I am about to leave off to Hungary within the next hour. I will do a refined and extended reload of my last years Southern Hungary tour. Want to stay in known territory for the beginning. Weather forcast is essentially the extension of the Sahara to the Baltic Sea. I have no trust yet in this installation Suspect
Will post an update on the Home before dark section soon as time allows.

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 22 P7150010
Back to top Go down
Prime

Prime

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 22 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 5:55 pm

Prime wrote:
Cut down my stock mudflap a bit, yet still should function as a fender. I'll be replacing the whole mess eventually with a DRC unit.

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 22 1C8B2E73-13F5-4C0D-AC72-C1BD6D04DE5D

So I got a few PM's asking for more info on my tail light chop.

It's pretty hard to take pictures of exactly what I did since I my phone won't focus on the dark area under my fender. But I'll try to describe it... It's pretty easy once you look at your stock fender.

What I did was remove the seat and rear fender plastic. Then you can see the taillight and mud flap better. I removed the mudflap entirely (signals, license plate, tail light and plate light come off as one unit). I used my dremel to cut the plastic out from under the actual tail light unit.

The stock mudflap attaches to the bike in two places- two bolts under the seat, and two bolts near the license plate light. These lower bolts attach to a long thin metal bracket, which I did not modify at all. When you cut the mud flap down, you will lose the bottom attachment point. So, I fabricated a small bracket from some scrap aluminum sheet (you can buy small sheets at Home Depot for like $6-10) to attach the tail light bolts to that long metal bottom bracket. This prevents the tail light and license plate from flapping around. I painted this rough bracket bloc to guard against corrosion. You can see it in the pic below.

I took this pic, ignore the cardboard... I was trying to block the lights and help the camera focus
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 22 622CFA16-0520-4C2B-A0CC-A62953831DA6

Anyhow, stick your head under your fender and you'll see what I'm talking about. It wasn't too hard, and was basically free. Also, I didn't have to modify any wires. I will report back on how it holds up over time, but I did not modify the lights or signals at all. I will need to fabricate a license plate light, but I'm not worried since I really only ride in daylight.
Back to top Go down
Caldsy

Caldsy

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 22 EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 10:38 am

Prime wrote:

Did you eliminate the plate light? I did the same kind of thing but re-routed the wires/plate light bulb under my seat in the event I ever needed a light at night. it's pretty long and reaches around the bike... might come in handy sometime.
Back to top Go down
Prime

Prime

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 22 EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 10:41 am

Yeah I kept the plate light wiring and folded it up under the seat for now. It is plenty long enough to reach my plate. I'm going to buy a small white led and glue it under the tail light so it shines on my license plate.
Back to top Go down
Prime

Prime

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 22 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 4:42 pm

Installed a new Wolfman a Enduro Tank bag. What a great piece of equipment! Fits perfect, and made in the USA.

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 22 D95F2CB0-3CA2-43AA-AFE2-C63D5D6C5555
Back to top Go down
ejfranz1

ejfranz1

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 22 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 8:56 pm

Replaced the rear wheel bearings, changed the rear sprocket from 48 to 50 and added a new chain. ( replaced the front sprockets a few months ago - have a 12, 13 & 14 )
Took the bike for a spin and dialled in the Speedo - 12 O'Clock labs for the 12 - 50 combo
(- 28.1% ) has it pretty close with the 120/100/18 Mountain Hybrid tire.

Tire does great when you use it like you would a trials tire, but on fire roads it can be a bit squirrelly in the corners. Wears fast on pavement.

Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 22 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 8:38 pm

I put 2 double take mirror`s on last week and Giant Loop bags about 1 month ago, so im good on farkles for a while.
Back to top Go down
Jremeee

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 22 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2015 1:41 pm

Added rear white fender, exup delete, spoke skins & wheel stripes.
Back to top Go down
05cr125r

05cr125r

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 22 EmptyTue Nov 10, 2015 11:50 pm

Dropped mine for the first time on the trail since owning the bike...put a gouge in the FMF , scratched up the swing arm and handgaurds....kinda brought a tear to my eye.... GAHHHH
Back to top Go down
BCRider

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 22 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 4:55 am

05cr125r wrote:
Dropped mine for the first time on the trail since owning the bike...put a gouge in the FMF , scratched up the swing arm and handgaurds....kinda brought a tear to my eye.... GAHHHH

Battle scars, chicks dig it thumb
Back to top Go down
Evol

Evol

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 22 EmptyWed Nov 11, 2015 8:35 pm

I put my bikes away for the winter...  cry
Back to top Go down
WesEv

WesEv

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 22 EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 1:30 pm

I took mine to the MX track. The guy on a KTM 500 EXC was disappointed he couldn't catch me. Experience is such a great equalizer in the dirt.

I have the stock suspension, its too soft, was getting hard bottoming on G outs and braking bumps. On jumps it didn't seem so bad, perhaps the rear is ok. Turn in was surprisingly good.

Back to top Go down
bsheet2

bsheet2

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 22 EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 11:52 pm

Took her to the shop and had them do the recall on the stator.  Mine is a 2008.    Put a new MT21 on front.  She is ready for Big Bend National Park and Big Bend Ranch State Park.  Time for a ride!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

What Did You Do To Your WR Today??
Page 21 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next