Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

IMS Oversized Tanks!

Go down 
+62
little squirt
Six8
bsheet2
edteamslr
Hitman
john92
WRRSam
dirtnadvil
kjharn
cmtnwr
jlpred
D1EHARD
Big-t
SteveO
RobR
ZED
Akasy
GsVs
buddy
oldirt
SumoJoe
Ryan Nelson
Krabill
bikepsych
sprscientist
Ozy
rider213
R_Lefebvre
Mr.Metal
ramz
superbee24
asheville thumper
jacque372
LacRouge
Dancamp
RT3856
clint
3KGT_Maddness
malibu_dan
ozarkadver
lukachuki
deerHater
sswrx
WRoldman
mtb
Jersey Devil
xcel
Boondocker
X-Racer
Matty
matttys
MeefZah
rydnseek
clapped_r6
skierd
Buzzbomber
Hertz
hughtwg
eakins
SheWolf
duanew
creamcheese
66 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
bikepsych

IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 6:16 pm

Count me in for a buy! IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 5 61865

BG IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 5 525406
Back to top Go down
Mr.Metal

Mr.Metal

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 8:21 pm

In case I wasn't clear before, I'm in for the 3 gallon too IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 5 805204
Back to top Go down
duanew

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 9:14 am

I want one really bad but would like to have someone get one in and get some better pics posted. We will then learn if there are any quirks in the design. I will probably order one immediately after that which will probably put me so far back in the backorder list that I will have to wait a year to get it.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 10:30 am

Chuck's been sending me what he has when he gets them. He's still keeping me updated with pics as the tank morphs, so getting better pics...I'll ask him if he can get some closeups on the next batch. thumb

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 11:13 am

SheWolf wrote:
Waiting to hear back from him on it. I asked him back when the idea first flew and he said that JustGasTanks would be handling stuff in the US first, and then Steen Hansen in Canada. Hopefully he'll bite. IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 5 61865
Do you have a link for 'Steen Hansen'? My Google-fu is weak today...
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 5 EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 11:27 am

Steen Hansen Racing

Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 2:33 pm

More pics from Chuck! Now THAT'S what I like to see! cheers

IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 5 Wrr_5_12

IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 5 Wrr_5_13

IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 5 Wrr_5_14

IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 5 Wrr_5_15

He'll get back to me on the group buy; he's been busy in the shop getting this one fine tuned for fitment and parts placements. thumb

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 2:39 pm

For some reason, seeing those latest pics gives me a tingly feeling in my special place IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 5 379944
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 2:46 pm

Very happy This is really starting to come together! He'll send me more as it progresses. wink

Mr.Metal

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 3:25 pm

Ooooh... that looks really nice! IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 5 61865
Back to top Go down
Krabill

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 3:40 pm

Has he said anything about volume? I know they were shooting for 2.8-3 gal, but I want to know if they've filled it up to check what it actually is yet.
Back to top Go down
clint

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 4:37 pm

Krabill wrote:
Has he said anything about volume? I know they were shooting for 2.8-3 gal, but I want to know if they've filled it up to check what it actually is yet.

I think that's the most important thing...if they make it to 3gal I'm going to buy one if I have to donate blood to come up with the $

If the result is < 3gal I'm going to be very, very "iffy" on it...

Especially considering the Clarke 2.8gal tank I bought for the KLX is only $200 new. (I bought a factory second for $159)

I would expect a 2.8gal (or less) IMS tank to cost roughly the same.

I would be tickled pink if they got more than 3gal...and ecstatic if they hit 3.4 or 3.5
Back to top Go down
Mr.Metal

Mr.Metal

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 6:09 pm

Ok, this may be a stupid question... but how strong are IMS tanks? I would venture to guess pretty strong, based on their use and popularity. I ask since this one looks like it would be right under the side shrouds, probably touching them, maybe... supporting them? I'm thinking about a tip-over or side impact... where, currently, the right shroud tries to crush the radiator, would this IMS tank take some of the impact? This could be a Very Good Thing (TM) if it does and it's made to take a hit.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 7:12 pm

Ok, first off, this was the first tank out and this is what Chuck said:

"The latest on the tank is good and bad. I’ve been dragging around here for two days because the first part out of the mold doesn’t hold what we anticipated. That’s the nature of the beast; you have to complete the mold to make a part to see where you are at. We are going to change things up to increase the capacity it’s going to take extra time. Good part is the tank fits on the bike and we have located the insert placements."

That being said, they aren't going to release anything until they have the capacity, which is a great thing. As for the build, I've seen IMS tanks and they are a very sturdy tank. They've got lots out in the market on all kinds of bikes and they are just as tough as their competitors. Clark builds a tough tank too, but they haven't bothered to try with one for ours. Chuck's been pretty good about keeping things updated and as soon as I hear more I'll pas it along. thumb

Mr.Metal

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 7:16 pm

It's pretty cool to hear IMS's position on all of this. They know the desires of the people and they're going to keep working on the design until our demand (3 gallons) is met. I'm sure many companies wouldn't go through that kind of trouble to please the buyers, so kudos to IMS for that!

Keep us updated, Ms. Wolf IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 5 93746

SheWolf wrote:

"The latest on the tank is good and bad. I’ve been dragging around here for two days because the first part out of the mold doesn’t hold what we anticipated. That’s the nature of the beast; you have to complete the mold to make a part to see where you are at. We are going to change things up to increase the capacity it’s going to take extra time. Good part is the tank fits on the bike and we have located the insert placements."

That being said, they aren't going to release anything until they have the capacity, which is a great thing. As for the build, I've seen IMS tanks and they are a very sturdy tank. They've got lots out in the market on all kinds of bikes and they are just as tough as their competitors. Clark builds a tough tank too, but they haven't bothered to try with one for ours. Chuck's been pretty good about keeping things updated and as soon as I hear more I'll pas it along. thumb
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 9:00 am

SheWolf wrote:
He'll get back to me on the group buy; he's been busy in the shop getting this one fine tuned for fitment and parts placements.
Love these updates with pics!

I'm torn between putting my name on the preorder list, which I assume means buying from IMS directly instead of Steen Hansen Racing in Canada, or waiting for the group buy and maybe getting my tank late.
Back to top Go down
clint

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 11:38 am

SheWolf wrote:

That being said, they aren't going to release anything until they have the capacity, which is a great thing. As for the build, I've seen IMS tanks and they are a very sturdy tank. They've got lots out in the market on all kinds of bikes and they are just as tough as their competitors. Clark builds a tough tank too, but they haven't bothered to try with one for ours. Chuck's been pretty good about keeping things updated and as soon as I hear more I'll pas it along. IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 5 61865

I'm hoping that IMS stands behind their tank after the sale as well as Clarke does.

When I got the Clarke 2.8gal tank for my KLX, I bought a factory second to keep the costs down. It leaked a little. I sent them an email and exactly 15 minutes later Chris from Clarke replied stating they had just pulled a new one off the line and put it in a box to ship it to me. (a new, non-factory second tank) and apologized for my inconvenience.

I may use that contact at Clarke to inquire if they are planning on making a tank for the WRR/WRX...who knows...maybe they have something in the works.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 11:41 am

They don't. I already went that route and they said they have no intentions to make one.

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 5:38 pm

Mr.Metal wrote:
Ok, this may be a stupid question... but how strong are IMS tanks? I would venture to guess pretty strong, based on their use and popularity. I ask since this one looks like it would be right under the side shrouds, probably touching them, maybe... supporting them? I'm thinking about a tip-over or side impact... where, currently, the right shroud tries to crush the radiator, would this IMS tank take some of the impact? This could be a Very Good Thing (TM) if it does and it's made to take a hit.

They are strong. I've got a 4gal IMS on my DRZ with the large tank wings on both sides of the radiators. I crash a lot. The tank is scratched, scuffed, etc but has never leaked and definitely has taken some serious hits.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Metal

Mr.Metal

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 6:54 pm

Man... quit turning me on! IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 5 805204

Ryan Nelson wrote:
They are strong. I've got a 4gal IMS on my DRZ with the large tank wings on both sides of the radiators. I crash a lot. The tank is scratched, scuffed, etc but has never leaked and definitely has taken some serious hits.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 7:58 pm

I smell an orgasm over there... poser2

Mr.Metal

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 8:52 pm

Show me a few more pictures of that IMS tank and I'll tell you what happens IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 5 810411

SheWolf wrote:
I smell an orgasm over there... poser2
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 9:37 pm

Just heard back from Chuck regarding the 3G.

"We did get our first WR tank with inserts and the pump mount today. The pump bolts up great but the brackets for the shrouds need some help. I’ll be going to the mold shop to try this version on our bike later. Currently the WR tank is 22 oz. short of 3 gallon which puts the capacity at 2.8 gallon. We are going to make changes to the mold to get to that magic number three. It’s going to take time and I don’t know yet when we can start production. I did get an answer on the pricing; we will be offering a $25 discount for advrider.com members for a limited time starting when we get the mold completed. Some molds are a slam dunk unfortunately this one isn’t."

There you have it. We get a discount. cheers

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 9:52 pm

For the sake of not having to spend the next 30 minutes reading every post in this thread.

Can someone post expected price(if available) and available sizes. Might be a good idea to update the original post with that info as well.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 9:56 pm

Done and done. thumb

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

IMS Oversized Tanks!
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next