Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

IMS Oversized Tanks!

Go down 
+62
little squirt
Six8
bsheet2
edteamslr
Hitman
john92
WRRSam
dirtnadvil
kjharn
cmtnwr
jlpred
D1EHARD
Big-t
SteveO
RobR
ZED
Akasy
GsVs
buddy
oldirt
SumoJoe
Ryan Nelson
Krabill
bikepsych
sprscientist
Ozy
rider213
R_Lefebvre
Mr.Metal
ramz
superbee24
asheville thumper
jacque372
LacRouge
Dancamp
RT3856
clint
3KGT_Maddness
malibu_dan
ozarkadver
lukachuki
deerHater
sswrx
WRoldman
mtb
Jersey Devil
xcel
Boondocker
X-Racer
Matty
matttys
MeefZah
rydnseek
clapped_r6
skierd
Buzzbomber
Hertz
hughtwg
eakins
SheWolf
duanew
creamcheese
66 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Dancamp

IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 3 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 3:36 pm

When you say the 4.5 in 12 weeks it did sound like that on the email I recieved about it.

The 4.5 just recieved approval for the drawings. I doubt that they could start production before next winter.

If the cost is low and the installation quick, having a 3 gal. + a 4.5 gal. would be perfect. They should package a deal on the combo. IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 3 810411
Back to top Go down
rydnseek

rydnseek

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 3 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 5:21 pm

i don't see switching tanks being very practical.. if the 4.5 works adequately, you can just not put in as much gas, if you want to save a few pounds. I wouldn't mind lugging 24 #'s vs 12 in my tank. ..might have to modify or relocate my tank bag, but i'd do it for the range.

Out west, we can go a long way between fuel stops. Many places for me, 150 miles isn't enough. A 4.5 would be awesome. I had a 4.25 on my drz, & never worried about fuel, & didn't notice any weight issues.
Back to top Go down
Dancamp

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 3 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 7:16 pm

rydnseek wrote:
i don't see switching tanks being very practical.. if the 4.5 works adequately, you can just not put in as much gas, if you want to save a few pounds. I wouldn't mind lugging 24 #'s vs 12 in my tank. ..might have to modify or relocate my tank bag, but i'd do it for the range.

It's like wanting to be cute tu lure and more capacity for the long run. thumb

I think we all have a balance between look and usefullness. the middle point is different for each person.
Back to top Go down
rydnseek

rydnseek

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 3 EmptyThu May 20, 2010 12:36 am

malibu_dan wrote:
SheWolf wrote:
There's always action up here. Fire season is underway and yeah, I can't help but chuckle at how the Safari looks on any bike I've seen with one on it. I know it serves a purpose...it's just hideous looking. I can't describe any other way how that thing looks other than what I already did. IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 3 500735

I can't believe I'm siding with Scotty (after his most recent seat project) on the topic of 'STYLING'. Now, mind you, he get gets a 9.5 from the West-German judge for function, which when shove comes to push is pretty paramount for a seat.

But I'm definitely going against Lynn--I think the Safari WRR tank is probably the best looking oversized tank I've seen on ANY dirtbike. For the most part, they're Scotty! They're functional! They're ugly, and functional. This one however, has styling and lines and angles, and frankly it works aesthetically. I brought my own walnut along incase she wants to tell me where to shove it; but I even have a piece of paper that says I know a little about that which I talks about! And no, I won't show you mine.

(By the way, I'm just pickin' on you Scotty--I love the initiative and also believe you do understand style)

I'm definitely leaning toward the function camp, & less to the style camp.. if i have to choose. So i don't have a problem at all with the looks of the safari.. justs the price!

(looks at my mismatched socks)... (looks at my plaid shirt & striped pants)... (lower lip starts to quiver...)

The color of my seat works fine with my shirt.. i think..

I don't mind the ribbing.. sometimes people take things too seriously when they're written down.. if a buddy was kidding me in person, i'd fire right back.. & we'd laugh & enjoy the joke. Sometimes when people try to kid on the forums, righteous indignation erupts & the next posts call for a Jihad.
Back to top Go down
xcel

xcel

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 3 EmptyThu May 20, 2010 2:40 am

Hi Scott:

While I am in the Safari looks “out there” camp (your home made golden saddle fits that description), who is actually looking at their tank and seat when they are 50 + miles out in the middle of nowhere looking at the beautiful vista’s you have experienced without a care for range anxiety and/or having a sore butt IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 3 61865

I applaud you for your purpose over aesthetics approach wrt to your seat and to each their own.

Regarding the 3.0 gallon IMS tank, personally I hope it looks as OEM as the OEM IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 3 93746

Wayne Gerdes – CleanMPG
Back to top Go down
matttys

matttys

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 3 EmptyThu May 20, 2010 9:12 pm

We have spy photos of the 3 gal tank. . . . . . . . . . . . . . IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 3 379944 Word on the street is the 4.5 gal tank is underway!

IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 3 873695073_QKiQC-M

IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 3 873695108_PVRoZ-M

IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 3 873695143_9uufa-M

IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 3 873695185_ptYVB-M
Back to top Go down
matttys

matttys

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 3 EmptyThu May 20, 2010 9:15 pm

Spoiler alert . . . I just put spy photos over in the other thread in the Mods page IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 3 810411
Back to top Go down
xcel

xcel

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 3 EmptyThu May 20, 2010 9:24 pm

Hi Mattys:

Now that is as OEM as OEM IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 3 93746 Way to go IMS!

Wayne Gerdes - CleanMPG
Back to top Go down
lukachuki

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 3 EmptyThu May 20, 2010 9:42 pm

Stupid question but what is the stocker capacity....and approximately how much is left when the light comes on.
Back to top Go down
skierd

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 3 EmptyThu May 20, 2010 9:44 pm

Stock is 2.1 gallons, my light comes on right around 1.4gal.

Also, that tank makes me very very happy. freaky wings
Back to top Go down
xcel

xcel

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 3 EmptyThu May 20, 2010 10:07 pm

Hi Tim:

Yamaha specs say 2.01 for the 49 stater and 1.9 for the California version.

At least the Service and Owners Manual state those capacities?

2010 Yamaha WR250X Specifications

Wayne Gerdes - CleanMPG
Back to top Go down
rydnseek

rydnseek

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 3 EmptyThu May 20, 2010 10:46 pm

i saw that.. these threads should merge..
Back to top Go down
LacRouge

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 3 EmptyThu May 20, 2010 11:10 pm

wow that thing looks good, I am going to have to put one in the budget
Back to top Go down
lukachuki

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 3 EmptyThu May 20, 2010 11:22 pm

skierd wrote:
Stock is 2.1 gallons, my light comes on right around 1.4gal.

Also, that tank makes me very very happy. freaky wings

Thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 3 EmptyFri May 21, 2010 12:12 am

rydnseek wrote:
i saw that.. these threads should merge..

Done and done. IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 3 61865

sswrx

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 3 EmptyFri May 21, 2010 7:27 am

IMS should take pre-orders from all of us & maybe throw in a group discount.
Back to top Go down
rydnseek

rydnseek

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 3 EmptyFri May 21, 2010 8:27 am

sswrx wrote:
IMS should take pre-orders from all of us & maybe throw in a group discount.

Count me in! I'd even prepay for the 4.5g.
Back to top Go down
jacque372

jacque372

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 3 EmptyFri May 21, 2010 8:36 am

i have to have one it looks great. the top of my stock tank is dented and the ims tank should be lighter than stock double walled steel tank
Back to top Go down
duanew

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 3 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 11:33 am

I need more pictures of the 3 gal. IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 3 805204 I may have to go ahead and preorder one.
Back to top Go down
asheville thumper

asheville thumper

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 3 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 3:17 pm

WOW!! The IMS tank looks a hell of a lot better than the Safari. I'm going to have to pick one of these up.
Back to top Go down
malibu_dan

malibu_dan

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 3 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 3:40 pm

I LIKE my ugly tank, YA HEAR ME?! Don't none of you pretty boys ask to siphon a mouthful or two from my Safari tank when we're in the middle of the Great Basin, YA HEAR ME?!!!! (Except SheWolfsie, she's welcome anytime)
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 3 EmptyTue May 25, 2010 9:26 pm

Awww man, Danno you're a-teasin me agin with yer ridin hidey-holes...dangit... IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 3 724854 IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 3 93746

rydnseek

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 3 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 8:57 am

malibu_dan wrote:
I LIKE my ugly tank, YA HEAR ME?! Don't none of you pretty boys ask to siphon a mouthful or two from my Safari tank when we're in the middle of the Great Basin, YA HEAR ME?!!!! (Except SheWolfsie, she's welcome anytime)

You don't want to give gas to she wolf.. you know what she'll do with it... see her avatar? What a waste of good gas! Could have gone at least 80 miles on that. wink
Back to top Go down
malibu_dan

malibu_dan

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 3 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 9:26 am

rydnseek wrote:
You don't want to give gas to she wolf.. you know what she'll do with it... see her avatar? What a waste of good gas! Could have gone at least 80 miles on that. wink

Thanks, Scotty! First good laugh of the day!!! IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 3 93746
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 3 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 10:28 am

Ohhhh crap.... IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 3 851577

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

IMS Oversized Tanks!
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next