Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

IMS Oversized Tanks!

Go down 
+62
little squirt
Six8
bsheet2
edteamslr
Hitman
john92
WRRSam
dirtnadvil
kjharn
cmtnwr
jlpred
D1EHARD
Big-t
SteveO
RobR
ZED
Akasy
GsVs
buddy
oldirt
SumoJoe
Ryan Nelson
Krabill
bikepsych
sprscientist
Ozy
rider213
R_Lefebvre
Mr.Metal
ramz
superbee24
asheville thumper
jacque372
LacRouge
Dancamp
RT3856
clint
3KGT_Maddness
malibu_dan
ozarkadver
lukachuki
deerHater
sswrx
WRoldman
mtb
Jersey Devil
xcel
Boondocker
X-Racer
Matty
matttys
MeefZah
rydnseek
clapped_r6
skierd
Buzzbomber
Hertz
hughtwg
eakins
SheWolf
duanew
creamcheese
66 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
rydnseek

rydnseek

IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 2 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 9:28 pm

SheWolf wrote:
There's always action up here. Fire season is underway and yeah, I can't help but chuckle at how the Safari looks on any bike I've seen with one on it. I know it serves a purpose...it's just hideous looking. I can't describe any other way how that thing looks other than what I already did. IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 2 500735

Lynn, we'd expect nothing less from your colorful & fiery personality.

Your avatar illustrates that. It is always a pleasure hearing from you.

Re: the safari.. I don't mind the look.. i don't get the same vibe as shewolf, but that's not where my mind is most of the time.. Shog

I'd prefer to get a little more gas for the buck on the safari.. if it were a little less, or the capacity was more, i'd probably go for it. But now i'll hold out for the ims & see what they come up with.
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 2 EmptyFri May 14, 2010 9:35 pm

I'm rude, crude, and socially unacceptable. IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 2 93746 I guess it's due to working in the bush with loggers and construction workers most of my life. You either fit in or you stick out like a squirrel with a walnut shoved up its ass. I'm waiting to see what IMS has myself. I sent Chuck an e-mail as well to pick his brain. If they can get a decent size and incorporate the stock shrouds, and have a decent fueling system, I'd be game. IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 2 61865

mtb

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 2 EmptySat May 15, 2010 1:26 am

Plastic tank retaining the stock look... I will take one... IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 2 93746
Back to top Go down
WRoldman

WRoldman

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 2 EmptySat May 15, 2010 9:21 am

^^^ I'm interested, too.
Back to top Go down
sswrx

sswrx

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 2 EmptySat May 15, 2010 5:04 pm

Finally! Someone has the right idea on the tanks. Maximize what space you have & keep it looking stock.

Last edited by sswrx on Sat May 15, 2010 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 2 EmptySat May 15, 2010 5:42 pm

On average my X's fuel light comes on at 145 kms, using 5.5 liters.
With 2.1 liters of reserve giving another 55 kms, a total of 200 kms.
Adding an extra US gallon would bump it up to 9.3 liters before fuel light, or 245 kms, and a total of 300 kms.

Sign me up for the 3 gallon tank. IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 2 61865

Although I can understand how some of the WRR way-off-roaders would love the 450 km range of the 4.5 galon tank, I don't need that much.
Back to top Go down
MeefZah

MeefZah

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 9:54 am

I'll wait for the 4.5 gallon one. In fact, I'm gonna send IMS an email right now to encourage them to produce it!

Might not hurt for you guys interested in the 4.5 to do the same!

info@imsproducts.com

Sirs,

Wanted to drop you a line expressing my interest in your proposed 4.5 gallon Yamaha WR250R tank.

I intend to purchase one when available and will keep consulting your website to learn more about when that may be.

Thanks,

Mark Meftah
Back to top Go down
X-Racer

X-Racer

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 11:14 am

If they have "green lighted" the development of the larger tank there is no need to endorse the marketability of it further. Just sayin...

4.5 G is a massive amount of fuel. My 640 has a 4.6 and when loaded it feels like a Mac truck. ...not to mention the ergos associated with the additional width.

I'm damn near bow-legged when I get off that bike !

At risk of overstating the obvious (and realizing there may be specific times where the application would be desirable), the CG and light-weighted feel you have on your WRs now will not be the same with the additional mass.
Back to top Go down
lukachuki

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 11:36 am

MeefZah wrote:
I'll wait for the 4.5 gallon one. In fact, I'm gonna send IMS an email right now to encourage them to produce it!

Might not hurt for you guys interested in the 4.5 to do the same!

info@imsproducts.com

Sirs,

Wanted to drop you a line expressing my interest in your proposed 4.5 gallon Yamaha WR250R tank.

I intend to purchase one when available and will keep consulting your website to learn more about when that may be.

Thanks,

Mark Meftah

Thanks

Sent me request!
Back to top Go down
ozarkadver

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 2:45 pm

Do you think theyll make a natural tank?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 3:20 pm

Hello Lynn,

Thank you for your two cents they are worth a lot. IMS is producing two different tanks for your WR, a 3.0 gallon and a 4.5 gallon. The small tank uses the stock shrouds and no auxiliary pump. We added all we could inside the boundaries of the shrouds, seat, etc… The top of the tank is the same shape as stock and looks very factory like. This tank is within 4 weeks of completion and I can get you pictures and the actual capacity then.
We hope to start the 4.5 gallon tank this week with a best case lead time of 12 weeks. We have been getting a lot of input for ideas on the 4.5 gallon tank and styling has been one of them. We’ll do our best to create an acceptable shape.

Thanks,
Chuck

I SO want to see how that 3 gal is gonna look. It it's very factory like, I'll be getting myself one. IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 2 525406

Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 3:28 pm

They make them already, so I can't see why they wouldn't with this one. It'd be nice to see the fuel line that way. IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 2 61865

malibu_dan

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 4:43 pm

SheWolf wrote:
There's always action up here. Fire season is underway and yeah, I can't help but chuckle at how the Safari looks on any bike I've seen with one on it. I know it serves a purpose...it's just hideous looking. I can't describe any other way how that thing looks other than what I already did. IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 2 500735

I can't believe I'm siding with Scotty (after his most recent seat project) on the topic of 'STYLING'. Now, mind you, he get gets a 9.5 from the West-German judge for function, which when shove comes to push is pretty paramount for a seat.

But I'm definitely going against Lynn--I think the Safari WRR tank is probably the best looking oversized tank I've seen on ANY dirtbike. For the most part, they're Scotty! They're functional! They're ugly, and functional. This one however, has styling and lines and angles, and frankly it works aesthetically. I brought my own walnut along incase she wants to tell me where to shove it; but I even have a piece of paper that says I know a little about that which I talks about! And no, I won't show you mine.

(By the way, I'm just pickin' on you Scotty--I love the initiative and also believe you do understand style)
Back to top Go down
sswrx

sswrx

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 5:36 pm

DITTO!
Back to top Go down
3KGT_Maddness

3KGT_Maddness

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 5:41 pm

Post up the pictures and info for us when you do get the email! I really am needing a bigger tank to run with the Beemers :)
Back to top Go down
ozarkadver

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 6:40 pm

SheWolf wrote:
They make them already, so I can't see why they wouldn't with this one. It'd be nice to see the fuel line that way. IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 2 61865
Do they make the tanks for the WRR already?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 7:51 pm

The 3 gal will be out in 4 weeks apparently, the 4.5 in 12. Should be interesting, as the 3 gal would be the one I'd like to compare against the Safari. If it is as close to the stock look as they claim, then it will look AWESOME and functional, and aesthetically pleasing. Perfect for what I'm looking for.

*holds up a coconut and waves it at Dan* IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 2 93746 IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 2 500735

matttys

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 9:19 pm

3KGT_Maddness wrote:
Post up the pictures and info for us when you do get the email! I really am needing a bigger tank to run with the Beemers :)

To run with the Beemers!? My little 250 eats 650, 800 and 1200 Beemers for dinner*.

*Note, in a non-straight line. Straight lines make me the little kid.
Back to top Go down
matttys

matttys

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 9:20 pm

MeefZah wrote:

Mark - I hear you are taking the couch for the Hanging Rock 200 this weekend. I'm sure we can post up a decent ride report. Bring a few $$$ and we can have the girls make some food for you upon our return home on Sat/Sun afternoons.
Back to top Go down
3KGT_Maddness

3KGT_Maddness

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 2 EmptyMon May 17, 2010 9:40 pm

matttys wrote:
3KGT_Maddness wrote:

To run with the Beemers!? My little 250 eats 650, 800 and 1200 Beemers for dinner*.

*Note, in a non-straight line. Straight lines make me the little kid.

I was pertaining to distance between fill-ups. Last road trip took me 4 fill-ups, the 1150 didnt fill up once...
Back to top Go down
matttys

matttys

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 2 EmptyTue May 18, 2010 5:11 am

3KGT_Maddness wrote:
I was pertaining to distance between fill-ups. Last road trip took me 4 fill-ups, the 1150 didnt fill up once...

Haha, I completely understand the feeling IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 2 93746 On the straights I had to tell a guy on an 800 to keep it below 75mph. I'm not sure he really understood why.
Back to top Go down
MeefZah

MeefZah

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 2 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 8:32 am

X-Racer wrote:
If they have "green lighted" the development of the larger tank there is no need to endorse the marketability of it further. Just sayin...

4.5 G is a massive amount of fuel. My 640 has a 4.6 and when loaded it feels like a Mac truck. ...not to mention the ergos associated with the additional width.

I'm damn near bow-legged when I get off that bike !

At risk of overstating the obvious (and realizing there may be specific times where the application would be desirable), the CG and light-weighted feel you have on your WRs now will not be the same with the additional mass.

IMS replied to my e-mail and indicated they would give me notice when the tank is available. So e-mailing them to comment on their product can't hurt. It took me all of 10 seconds to whelp that gem out, so it ain't a time loss for me, either.

As far as the fuel tank being too big, I would say that a bigger plastic tank is superior to the stock steel one because the empty weight is less, it carries the fuel lower in the wings, and it offers radiator protection. And you don't have to fill it all the way when riding off road. So you put in 2 gallons, which is on par with a full stock tank, and those 2 gallons will ride lower and lighter than the stock 2 gallons. On a road trip, a trip to Moab, etc., fill that bad boy all the way with 4.5 and get the benefit of 220+ mile range. Plus, for guys like me who have beaten their stock shrouds to death and beyond, this will replace them and actually clean up the battered look of the bike (temporarially, of course).

I'll pass on the 3 gallon. In my mind 50 extra miles is not a big enough benefit to justify the cost and energy in swapping it out. Plus, it may not work with aftermarket radiator guards, etc. The 4.5 wouldn't matter in that regard since it will replace the stock shrouds.

Last edited by MeefZah on Wed May 19, 2010 8:40 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I can't fucking spell)
Back to top Go down
MeefZah

MeefZah

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 2 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 8:33 am

matttys wrote:
MeefZah wrote:

Mark - I hear you are taking the couch for the Hanging Rock 200 this weekend. I'm sure we can post up a decent ride report. Bring a few $$$ and we can have the girls make some food for you upon our return home on Sat/Sun afternoons.

Well, I'm planning on it, but if we get one more day of rain I may bail - I'm not much for riding in the slop, and SE Ohio mud sucks hard when it is 3 days soggy.
Back to top Go down
clint

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 2 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 2:14 pm

I'm hoping the large IMS tank is the most hideous invention ever made....I'll take a pic of it installed on my bike and send it to GEICO and tell them it's a theft deterrent device and get 10% off.
Back to top Go down
RT3856

RT3856

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 2 EmptyWed May 19, 2010 3:31 pm

SheWolf wrote:
I'm rude, crude, and socially unacceptable. IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 2 93746 I guess it's due to working in the bush with loggers and construction workers most of my life. You either fit in or you stick out like a squirrel with a walnut shoved up its ass. I'm waiting to see what IMS has myself. I sent Chuck an e-mail as well to pick his brain. If they can get a decent size and incorporate the stock shrouds, and have a decent fueling system, I'd be game. IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 2 61865
that is so funny you mentioned a squirrel with a walnut stuck up its ass.
here in washington we have so many liberal gays and such that when I saw the squirrel with the ass walnut I figured huh, must be from town. didn't give it a second glance poser2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

IMS Oversized Tanks!
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next