Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

IMS Oversized Tanks!

Go down 
+62
little squirt
Six8
bsheet2
edteamslr
Hitman
john92
WRRSam
dirtnadvil
kjharn
cmtnwr
jlpred
D1EHARD
Big-t
SteveO
RobR
ZED
Akasy
GsVs
buddy
oldirt
SumoJoe
Ryan Nelson
Krabill
bikepsych
sprscientist
Ozy
rider213
R_Lefebvre
Mr.Metal
ramz
superbee24
asheville thumper
jacque372
LacRouge
Dancamp
RT3856
clint
3KGT_Maddness
malibu_dan
ozarkadver
lukachuki
deerHater
sswrx
WRoldman
mtb
Jersey Devil
xcel
Boondocker
X-Racer
Matty
matttys
MeefZah
rydnseek
clapped_r6
skierd
Buzzbomber
Hertz
hughtwg
eakins
SheWolf
duanew
creamcheese
66 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 8 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 10:46 am

Yes they do. Non locking I'll add.

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 8 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 8:48 pm

Can't wait to see the finished prototype. I'm tired of carrying a can of gas around on rides.....Did Chuck give a ballpark guess on when the 4.5 should be ready for sale?
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 8 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 9:30 pm

No, it's too soon in the gate to give an estimate. Look what happened with the 3 gallon. IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 8 640571 As soon as i have more info I'll keep everyone updated. No price on this one either.

WRRSam

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 2:35 am

SheWolf wrote:
Here's the latest on the 4.5 IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 8 61865

IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 8 Wr250_10

This is just the template, so the stock shroud is NOT being used, just so you know. IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 8 93746

Nice looking tank thanks for the update Shewolf.

What's with the black hose running next to the cylinder?
Back to top Go down
deerHater

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 6:44 am

WRRSam wrote:
Might be part of the California emissions pacakge?
IMS is in California, and you can see the big ugly charcoal canister cover on the front down low.
Back to top Go down
WRRSam

WRRSam

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 8 EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 6:54 am

deerHater wrote:
WRRSam wrote:
Might be part of the California emissions pacakge?
IMS is in California, and you can see the big ugly charcoal canister cover on the front down low.

OK thanks I was thinking it might of been a fuel line.
Back to top Go down
dirtnadvil

PostSubject: What is the latest news on the 4.5?   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 8 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 2:33 am

dddog
Back to top Go down
john92

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 8 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 8:47 am

dirtnadvil wrote:
dddog

^^^ Is that YOU waiting for a 4.5 gallon?? lurk
Back to top Go down
dirtnadvil

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 8 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 10:06 am

No, that is my bike................. I am patiently waiting.... wink
Back to top Go down
sswrx

sswrx

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 8 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 10:32 am

Got my O-ring in the mail yesterday for my 3.1 gal. tank. Looks like I'll be installing the new tank this weekend.
Back to top Go down
dirtnadvil

PostSubject: Update from Chuck   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 7:10 pm

I recieved an update from Chuck today. I sent him back a reply, asking if the 4.5 tank will have wings that will offer radiator protection. I will relay any info I get. Here is Chuck's e-mail;

Hello John,

Sorry for the late response, I was waiting to hear back from our pattern maker, he is over loaded with too much work. The 3.1 went side ways on us for awhile and put everything behind schedule. You may have read in the WRR forum that our first tank was only 2.8 gallons and we had to redo the top twice to get it to 3 gallons. The pattern maker had started on the 4.5 using the 3 as a base and has the left side roughed out. A 2011 KTM 350 was made available to us so we had to sit the 4.5 project a side and do the KTM. As of today the KTM pattern is complete and I’m trying to wedge the 4.5 back into the line of work the pattern guy has going. The pattern maker is a good man and does excellent work; he’s just not fast enough!
I’m reluctant to give you an ETA because the mold shop is so busy…the end of January maybe? I can tell you that we will incorporate the shrouds, leave the efi pump in the same location, and provide a vacuum pump and plumbing to lift the fuel. Oh, and we are doing our best to make the tank look like it belongs on the WR. See attached picture.

Thanks,

Chuck
Back to top Go down
superbee24

superbee24

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 9:37 am

Last sentence says "see attached picture" . Where is the pic ? dddog dddog
Back to top Go down
Hitman

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 12:10 pm

I would love to see that pic, 4.5 gals is perfect for me in Black!
Back to top Go down
dirtnadvil

PostSubject: pic   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 5:59 pm

Sorry about not including the pic he sent but it was the same pic that Shewolf had at the bottom of page 9.
Back to top Go down
dirtnadvil

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 8 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 11:03 pm

Here is an e-mail that I got from Chuck today regarding a question I had about the 4.5 tank. My question was;

Thanks Chuck,

Thanks for the update on the 4.5 tank for the WR250R. I have a question for you, is the tank going to have ‘WINGS” that extend down with the shrouds and will it offer any radiator protection?

Thanks again……………..John

Chuck's response;

Hi John,

Yes, it does have wings. The picture of the pattern on the bike probably led you to think that the stock shrouds are being used on our tank, that’s not the case. Our pattern maker is using the stock shrouds as a base to get the WR shape and style for the wings. Our tank has the same configuration as the Safari 3.5 gallon. Just picture the Safari tank add a gallon and change the styling to better fit (we think so anyways) the WR.

Thanks,

Chuck

Back to top Go down
eakins

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 8 EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 11:16 pm

that FI ktm 350 is gonnna be a hot little bike.
350 is such the goldie locks size.

i wonder if the bike was provided by KTM NA & the tank will be in the hardpart catelog?
dirtnadvil wrote:
I recieved an update from Chuck today. I sent him back a reply, asking if the 4.5 tank will have wings that will offer radiator protection. I will relay any info I get. Here is Chuck's e-mail;

Hello John,

Sorry for the late response, I was waiting to hear back from our pattern maker, he is over loaded with too much work. The 3.1 went side ways on us for awhile and put everything behind schedule. You may have read in the WRR forum that our first tank was only 2.8 gallons and we had to redo the top twice to get it to 3 gallons. The pattern maker had started on the 4.5 using the 3 as a base and has the left side roughed out. A 2011 KTM 350 was made available to us so we had to sit the 4.5 project a side and do the KTM. As of today the KTM pattern is complete and I’m trying to wedge the 4.5 back into the line of work the pattern guy has going. The pattern maker is a good man and does excellent work; he’s just not fast enough!
I’m reluctant to give you an ETA because the mold shop is so busy…the end of January maybe? I can tell you that we will incorporate the shrouds, leave the efi pump in the same location, and provide a vacuum pump and plumbing to lift the fuel. Oh, and we are doing our best to make the tank look like it belongs on the WR. See attached picture.

Thanks,

Chuck
Back to top Go down
creamcheese

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 4:17 pm

Look Hear : http://www.wheelingcyclesupply.com/index.shtml
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 5:57 pm

New site looks great, Forrest! IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 8 61865

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 6:18 pm

SheWolf wrote:
New site looks great, Forrest! IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 8 61865

Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
edteamslr

edteamslr

PostSubject: 4.5 4.5 4.5 4.5 4.5 4.5 4.5 4.5 4.5 4.5 4.5 4.5 4.5 4.5 ?   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 8 EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 8:07 am

I don't want to keep hassling but when is the IMS 4.5 coming?

Thanks,
Ed
Back to top Go down
SheWolf
Alpha Rider
SheWolf

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 8 EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 4:30 pm

Chuck said he's update me when he had something to share. IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 8 29721

bsheet2

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 8 EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 12:36 pm

IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 8 163123 I will wait and watch.
Back to top Go down
Six8

Six8

PostSubject: Riding with a larger tank?   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 8 EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 3:17 pm

any feed back on riding with larger tank?
I'm thinking it'll change things some I'd like to get an idea how the ride will change. scratch

Tracy
Va3TXN
Back to top Go down
MeefZah

MeefZah

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 8 EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 6:19 am

Six8 wrote:
any feed back on riding with larger tank?
I'm thinking it'll change things some I'd like to get an idea how the ride will change. scratch

Tracy
Va3TXN

If you mean with the 3 gallon, there is no discernible difference except the extra distance between fuel stops. Bike feels the same to me.
Back to top Go down
little squirt

little squirt

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 8 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 4:13 pm

IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 8 1157188881_2AtNX-L

IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 8 1157188891_EgF3o-L

IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 8 1157188862_4eiUf-L

IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 8 1157188853_QcLcy-L

Its amazing what you find when searching online for IMS 4.5 gallon tank! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IMS Oversized Tanks!   IMS Oversized Tanks! - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

IMS Oversized Tanks!
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next