Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

What Did You Do To Your WR Today??

Go down 
+139
Jens Eskildsen
nin01
rrarthur
sillymike
05cr125r
darngood1
Lawmanfl
dicklane625
Caldsy
rarepartbuilder
WesEv
BCRider
Jremeee
Vulture
Prime
SumoWRR
kuzican
dmmcd
Wanderer
T-Rev
robby0304
DutchTerror
blusmoke
Steve74
KiLLeRrKeN
Korack
Tewster2
stevep84
rsteiger
TwoBuells
Pooka
Gruvey12
mcdoudlehopper
Fiftygrit
beer goggle
pfy50
DPete
Evol
SonnyGoBRAAP
Prairieparson
miniceptor86
beaterbaja
JBEGNOCHE
Biglake
dadof6
andysrage
viper770
bruno
papi4baby
TheBackRoads
Kurt250
xaman
texascycle
josh
DragonNester
Arkmage
sewerat
Coop
IdahoRenegade
StreetGhost
jason meacham
2Stamp
john westcott
pkbinder
wristpin
Axl
Daamud
BBRadar
Delta_T
Krispy
A66auto
larryk
KC0514
ejfranz1
Caan Saer
oic0
Ozy
DirtBiker84
00PowderSpecial
grw800
mr-cave
Dave Z
dnf
skierd
47une
SoupSandwich
Slrsedan
mcwbyu82
taoshum
addikted2boost
rider213
spacecadet
gatorfan
mucker
Akasy
Tammy
DougZ
kbike
pbnut
SteveO
glock19
Shoootr
Nelonen
malibu_dan
Daddio
cryptomundo
trav72
Rule292
SheWolf
texasreb
adamoto
flatboarder
Sproat Sport
dtx
Dancamp
Midnite171
motokid
TBird1
zone47
BuilderBob
chouser
dustcloud
Huskerwrx
Jäger
mattnadz
Brunnie
GsVs
usgpru27
railbird
dc4stroke
Farmer17
X-Racer
YZEtc
velvetcows
Berwyn Henderson
GusinCA
WRXR
little squirt
bsheet2
143 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
rarepartbuilder

rarepartbuilder

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 19 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 10:33 am

looking like she's ready to go.. any pictures of the camper deployed ? Don't see models like that around here.
Back to top Go down
stevep84

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 19 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 6:10 pm

rarepartbuilder wrote:
looking like she's ready to go.. any pictures of the camper deployed ? Don't see models like that around here.

Here is a few from early December.

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 19 20141207_112656

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 19 20141203_173809

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 19 20141203_173824

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 19 20141203_173839
Back to top Go down
Tewster2

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 19 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 6:59 pm

BTW...I joined the WR250R/X group on Facebutt....seems in the "Files" section there is a download that looks a bit like a factory service manual.....could be wrong but it sure looks the real thing....just sayin thumb
Back to top Go down
Tewster2

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 19 EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 7:55 pm

Well I got me a can of berliner spray and put a heavy coat of the rubberized stuff on the inside of of my bash plate. Gonna let it cure for a couple of days then install on the bike. Hopefully it will take care of my noise problem. We will see....
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 19 <a href=What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 19 Image1_zps1a78a061" />
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 19 <a href=What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 19 Image2_zps5676df84" />
Back to top Go down
rarepartbuilder

rarepartbuilder

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 19 EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 10:33 pm

stevep84 wrote:

Here is a few from early December.

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 19 20141203_173839

very practical set up.. especially the outrigger roof to pack and unpack things like a bike. Is that a surfboard or a windsurf board in pic 1?

A few years back i made a winter board for the wind surg rig....had three runners for the ice on lakes here.. thing would really go but any deep cracks in the ice would cause havoc... longer rear runners would of been better/ cured that.

Back to top Go down
stevep84

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 19 EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 6:44 am

rarepartbuilder wrote:
very practical set up.. especially the outrigger roof to pack and unpack things like a bike. Is that a surfboard or a windsurf board in pic 1?

Cheers, the 2nd awning great. Gives us a heap more room.

That is a 10' surfboard on the roof.
Back to top Go down
Tewster2

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 19 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 2:59 pm

Got the bash plate installed with the rubber coating and pad on the inside. MUCH better and just a bit of nice humming when riding. The coating and rubber padding isolates the plate from the frame rails and adds a bunch of impact resistance. I'm good to go with this mod...installing the 14/48 and DID Gold Xring chain next.
Back to top Go down
Tewster2

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 19 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 5:36 pm

Went for a ride today and got my tires sandy...temps near 70 and a tank full of non-ehtanol gas....too bad the gas from the lunch tacos could not be used to fuel the thing Very happy What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 19 <a href=What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 19 IMG_2704_zpseacab5bd" />
Back to top Go down
rarepartbuilder

rarepartbuilder

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 19 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 6:47 pm

Tewster2 wrote:
Got the bash plate installed with the rubber coating and pad on the inside. MUCH better and just a bit of nice humming when riding. The coating and rubber padding isolates the plate from the frame rails and adds a bunch of impact resistance. I'm good to go with this mod...installing the 14/48 and DID Gold Xring chain next.

What did the pad look like ? thickness etc..
Back to top Go down
Tewster2

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 19 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 10:58 pm

It is about 1/8 inch thick. Got a 12 inch square piece at Harbor Freight and cut it to fit. It has adhesive backing. Not pretty but you can't see it when mounted.
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 19 <a href=What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 19 IMG_2701_zpsbd1af929" />
Back to top Go down
pfy50

pfy50

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 19 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 10:14 am

Tewster2 wrote:
It is about 1/8 inch thick. Got a 12 inch square piece at Harbor Freight and cut it to fit. It has adhesive backing. Not pretty but you can't see it when mounted.
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 19 <a href=What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 19 IMG_2701_zpsbd1af929" />

Tim,

Suggestion #3 cut yourself a small 3 inch wide "T" shape out of any discarded oil can or the like. Make the T arms 1 inch tall and 3inches wide with top to the bottom 3-4inches tall. Keep that with your road kit and the next time you change oil you insert the "T" between the bashplate and the engine bottom at the oil drain plug opening, and it will give you access to the plug while it sits there and keeps oil from spilling onto the inside of the bashplate and making a mess.
Back to top Go down
Tewster2

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 19 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 11:15 am

Sounds great. I usually take the plate off to change the oil as I have an oil plug that is drilled for safety wire. I wire all my oil plugs since I'm OCD from my racing days. I clean under the motor and the plate when I change the oil so I can also check for any leaks that may occur out of sight. A bit more work but I have all day and it is only a two beer job dutch

A bunch more stuff should be here on FedEx tomorrow. I'll give you a call.
Back to top Go down
rarepartbuilder

rarepartbuilder

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 19 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 12:33 pm

Tewster2 wrote:
I wire all my oil plugs since I'm OCD from my racing days.

Tim what are you attaching the oil plug wire to? is there a bolt near by or something that acts as the other wire attachment point?
Back to top Go down
pfy50

pfy50

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 19 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 9:58 am

rarepartbuilder wrote:
Tewster2 wrote:

Tim what are you attaching the oil plug wire to? is there a bolt near by or something that acts as the other wire attachment point?

rarepartbuilder,

If you don't mind me answering(Tim's probably out riding or putting farkles on his new bike); If you look under the bike there is a metal cross brace in front of the oil plug that is perforated that you can use, or just to the rightside of the bike's engine case half there is an engine case bolt you can use. They make tabs that fit under bolt heads if you want to be superclean cheers   
Back to top Go down
rarepartbuilder

rarepartbuilder

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 19 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 11:21 am

Thanks PFY .. Its been -20 c here a full week.. i have not been around the bike much. I was orignally thinking some kind of bolt tab which you mentioned.. Unless i make the skid plate easy to remove it may be hard to install a lock wire... maybe a small hole could be put adjacent to the oil drain "clearance hole" in the skid plate.. ... then again if i hit something with the skid plate it may cause a unwanted chain reaction.. eeek
Back to top Go down
Tewster2

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 19 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 3:25 pm

pfy50 wrote:
rarepartbuilder wrote:
Tewster2 wrote:

rarepartbuilder,

If you don't mind me answering(Tim's probably out riding or putting farkles on his new bike); If you look under the bike there is a metal cross brace in front of the oil plug that is perforated that you can use, or just to the rightside of the bike's engine case half there is an engine case bolt you can use. They make tabs that fit under bolt heads if you want to be superclean cheers   
Yep...out riding...that is where I attached the safety wire.
Back to top Go down
Tewster2

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 19 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 3:31 pm

I live about 75 miles from Madstad Engineering so I rode down to their shop to get my new windshield system installed. In the past they were using the Turbo City Mounts along with their Madstad adjustable brackets and windshield. They no longer use the Turbo City mounts. They installed the newest design of their own brackets and they are beautiful. The mounts now attach to the handlebar mounts and no longer to the upper triple clamp. Nor do they extend down to the lower fork tubes. The new design is very elegant and clean. I rode 75 miles back to the house with tail winds, side winds, and at one point into a 30 mph headwind. Instead of the bike having to drag my upper body through the air while wearing my Klim jacket that acts like a parachute, there was no wind on my upper body and absolutely no turbulence on my helmet. I have the windshield at the lowest position and tilted back angle. If needed I can raise the windshield 4 inches higher if I want. No need to though. BTW, I am 6 feet tall and sit upright while riding. The shield (20 inch "Adventure" option) along with the Cycra hand guards for me is just about the perfect solution to comfort for long distances. The shield can be removed without tools in about 30 seconds if I want to spend a day off road. There was no charge for the install. Ask Chris if there is a discount for coming by the shop thumb
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 19 <a href=What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 19 IMG_2712_zpsa78bc42f" />
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 19 <a href=What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 19 IMG_2713_zps2ab67fb3" />
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 19 <a href=What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 19 IMG_2707_zps04ccd3cb" />
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 19 <a href=What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 19 IMG_2708_zps6f9fbf17" />
What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 19 <a href=What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 19 IMG_2711_zpsdd7645ef" />
Back to top Go down
pfy50

pfy50

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 19 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 9:15 pm

rarepartbuilder wrote:
Thanks PFY .. Its been -20 c here a full week.. i have not been around the bike much. I was orignally thinking some kind of bolt tab which you mentioned..  Unless i make the skid plate easy to remove it may be hard to install a lock wire...  maybe a small hole could be put adjacent to the oil drain "clearance hole" in the skid plate.. ... then again if i hit something with the skid plate  it may cause a unwanted chain reaction.. eeek

See rarepartbuilder, I knew he was farkling and riding(just like a proud papa poser2 )

But as far as safety wiring to the bashplate I wouldn't worry; any hit that strong will just shear the wire off and the bolt will still be there so go ahead. I'll probably change out for a magnetic safety wired oil change bolt on my next oil change anyway. I'll still just cut the wire and leave the bashplate on to drain the crankcase though.
Back to top Go down
pfy50

pfy50

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 19 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 9:18 pm

Tewster2 wrote:
I live about 75 miles from Madstad Engineering so I rode down to their shop to get my new windshield system installed. In the past they were using the Turbo City Mounts along with their Madstad adjustable brackets and windshield. They no longer use the Turbo City mounts. They installed the newest design of their own brackets and they are beautiful. The mounts now attach to the handlebar mounts and no longer to the upper triple clamp. Nor do they extend down to the lower fork tubes. The new design is very elegant and clean. I rode 75 miles back to the house with tail winds, side winds, and at one point into a 30 mph headwind. Instead of the bike having to drag my upper body through the air while wearing my Klim jacket that acts like a parachute, there was no wind on my upper body and absolutely no turbulence on my helmet. I have the windshield at the lowest position and tilted back angle. If needed I can raise the windshield 4 inches higher if I want. No need to though. BTW, I am 6 feet tall and sit upright while riding. The shield (20 inch "Adventure" option) along with the Cycra hand guards for me is just about the perfect solution to comfort for long distances. The shield can be removed without tools in about 30 seconds if I want to spend a day off road. There was no charge for the install. Ask Chris if there is a discount for coming by the shop thumb

Tim,
How much for the new Madstad set up?

ps. It'll be interesting to see how your setup holds up in those 50-60mph Wyoming crosswinds that come from 3 directions at once. bannana  bannana  bannana

Paul

Last edited by pfy50 on Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TwoBuells

TwoBuells

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 19 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 10:10 pm

ASV Levers installed today.

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 19 IMG_0936_zps0e964c0b

What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 19 IMG_0937_zps3b2ad73c
Back to top Go down
Tewster2

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 19 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 10:13 pm

Tim,
How much for the new Madstad set up?

ps. It'll be interesting to see how your seup holds up in those 50-60mph Wyoming crosswinds that come from 3 directions at once. bannana  bannana  bannana

Paul[/quote]

Their website list the price at $270. It cost me $215 total with free install when I went to their business. Nice.
Back to top Go down
Tewster2

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 19 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 10:15 pm

Those winds in WY are always a bitch. I had probably 30 mph winds today and the thing did just fine. I know the shield looks a bit big for the bike but it will work just fine for backroad touring and well maintained gravel rural routes. I'm not gonna use it for single track stuff or Supercross Very happy Just a nice little bike to really see America low and slow...just like me dutch
Back to top Go down
mcdoudlehopper

mcdoudlehopper

PostSubject: spoke coats    What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 19 EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 11:35 am

put on some spoke coats.
https://s1065.photobucket.com/user/mcdoudlehopper/media/4_zpscc0c203e.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0
https://s1065.photobucket.com/user/mcdoudlehopper/media/3_zps3f6abd2f.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1
https://s1065.photobucket.com/user/mcdoudlehopper/media/2_zps08d19ad2.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2
Having trouble getting pics up will work on that
Back to top Go down
beer goggle

beer goggle

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 19 EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 1:30 pm

Had a good day farkling! Did the following:

- FMF programmer
- AIS off
- Flapper off
- Kickstand switch off
- 12 o'clock labs brake flasher module

Despite soaking with plenty of WD40 the left screw holding fairing to tank wouldn't budge, little b@stard, so I moved tank out of way with it attached. Now it's beer o'clock!
Back to top Go down
Fiftygrit

Fiftygrit

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 19 EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 4:43 pm

Bought a cee baily fly screen and a seat concepts carbon seat cover, will install in the spring when my shop is decent temp. cheer`s
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Did You Do To Your WR Today??   What Did You Do To Your WR Today?? - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

What Did You Do To Your WR Today??
Page 19 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24  Next