Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New Billet Cargo Rack Available

Go down 
+96
Klymax
wwguy
dicklane625
ToddDubya
kabulpostie
Leo167
manybikes
fijiman
speersie
voicecraft
MjrD
Jäger
sehah
twinrider
DWK
vodka
Wanderer
wjfawb0
PortlandWRider
nsrider
vnp514
jawn
TheCycle
AZNoob
Drifter Dave
f3joel
Lord Hornka
nolowatt
rsteiger
hyperboarder
raymondhenson
lineguy
dirtjunkie
bluzharp
rideblue
WR25RY
Wrex250
yamaMOTOyama
aw113sgte
nozzle
mordicai
Rusty Shovel
Crabbuckle
miniceptor86
Nine Ways
TinyL
jec
808BMW
sswrx
Opie
Sewcrates
StreetGhost
sikwilly
wristpin
Nanabijou
TrailDust&SaddleLthr
Rockmantex
Camdlux
xaman
Corndogs
Mr. Fisherman
oldmansurfing
Pokey
Alan Case
bracky72
derverla
paknet
nwbase
JustWannaRide
mcwbyu82
Brianr4
Monkeynuts
Blackdog
motocrossmann
zag300zx
Arkmage
croc
bmwrider1946
Curbhopper
Me2
WRXR
IAmABug
Gany
jkstehn
sturgeon
GsVs
jason meacham
lenzhotrod
Coop
craigq
gatorfan
PYG RYDR
yaw
motokid
Chrispy1200
Jnscaggs
100 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
rideblue

rideblue

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 6:26 pm

Two thumbs up Jared, Very nice rack, easy-peasy install and with the Rotopax I am one step closer to finishing out my luggage setup.   Very happy
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 9 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 6:32 pm

Thanks, I am glad you like it! I always love to see more pictures of your bikes in their own stomping grounds!
 If you guys have cool pictures I would love to see them, post 'em up!
Back to top Go down
dirtjunkie

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 10:25 am

Since I can't have your talent for design/build, I bought your large rack a few minutes ago! 

Thanks for making this.  Best looking on the market and multifunctional.  Looking forward to getting this mounted and used!

Rob
Broomfield, Co
2008 WR250R
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 10:40 am

Thanks Rob I appreciate that. You caught me at a good time! I was just getting ready to make a post office run, I'll be sending your Big Rack out in the next hour or so.

Thanks again,
Jared
Back to top Go down
lineguy

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 9 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 7:19 pm

Ive read this thread too many times... I need this rack! Ill email you now, save the ebay fees.
Back to top Go down
raymondhenson

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 9 EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 4:45 pm

Hi Jared,

Got the rack and hardware ... mucho thanks!  Looks great.  Have not installed yet.  Am thinking of using shorter spacers (maybe 1/2 inch shorter).  I have the seat concepts "low" and on a test fit, the rack sat a little high.  Oh heck, if I get lazy, I'll install as is Very happy 

Great product, looks well made and clean with high quality.  Fast shipping.

+1 for Jared!

Best .... Raymond
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 9 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 4:13 pm

Hey Raymond, If you want shorter spacers just let me know how long you want and I'll send you some. It's no problem. The spacers I send with each kit are 1.625" so just tell me how much lower you want it and I'll make you some new ones.
Back to top Go down
dirtjunkie

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 1:36 am

I got the large rack within a few days of ordering and installed it tonight.  IT LOOKS GREAT!  Thank you. 

I will leave positive feedback on E Bay. I think its really cool that Yamaha even marked the pilot holes to use!!

Nice product.

Rob.
Back to top Go down
rideblue

rideblue

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 9 EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 8:17 pm

I noticed the guide markers as well , How easy is that .!!   Very happy
Back to top Go down
nozzle

PostSubject: Coin coming Jarod's way   New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 7:24 pm

I am close enough to getting my WR tagged that I popped for the Big Black Rack. My wife sounded so happy that I'd finally have one. thumb 

Looking forward to screwing it into the backside of my girl's fender. wink

I hope it is as study as it looks, cue music...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUUfY6CN8yw

Enjoy the rest of your weekend WR's -Nozzle
Back to top Go down
hyperboarder

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 9 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 1:05 pm

Has anyone used one of these with a Giant Loop? I've got a 2012 Great Basin, wondering how they work with each other, I'd love to be able to put my Rotopax behind the GL for long trips. Polar Bear cooler full of beer strapped on top of the Rotopax of course Very happy.
Back to top Go down
rsteiger

rsteiger

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 9 EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 9:04 pm

Hey Jared,

Got the rack earlier this week and replaced my old rack with it today. Installation was very easy since I already had some holes drilled in the fender for the old rack.

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 9 999585_10201136345205252_454405632_n

I have the Givi kit on order and it should be here in a couple of days. That kit should allow me to use the Givi top box from my Strom whenever I am running around town during the week which will be really nice. I also will be using it when I ride up to the 8th Annual Womens Sportbike Rally at Deals Gap, NC next weekend. The GF goes every year and rides her Ninja 250. I usually take my Strom but this year I wanted to try something a little different and while the ride up there from Atlanta may be not so nice I just know that WRR will be at home on all those twisty roads...plus I may be able to sneak in a couple of dirt roads during the weekend.
Back to top Go down
nolowatt

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 9 EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 1:52 am

Just wanted to chime in with a compliment to Jared Scaggs for his beautiful cargo rack. Mine works great with Wolfman racks and Expedition Bags, and also rides fine with two 1-gallon RotoPax units. Very fine product, Jared! cheers 

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 9 Riding11

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 9 02310
Back to top Go down
Lord Hornka

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 9 EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 4:09 pm

Is it possible to have 'em anodized in either blue or red? And do you have spacers that would bring the rack to a more horizontal position?
Back to top Go down
f3joel

f3joel

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 9 EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 5:54 pm

Loving my rack!
Had to do a lil custom work to mount the Shad case.
Not as ugly as I thought it would be, sure is usefull...
New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 9 Shad10
New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 9 Shad110
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 9 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 12:24 pm

Lord Hornka, I have been using a professional anodizer for most of this year and have them anodized(black) in batches of 20-30 racks, so I can't do the custom coloring anymore cost effectively. However, if someone is dead set on having a blue, red, yellow, or whatever color let me know and I may be willing to setup the equipment in my garage again and give it a shot for somebody who asks nicely and has the patience to let me work it into my schedule.

Also, as for your question about the spacers, the rack currently is designed to work parrallel to the bike's subframe which it is mounted to. So, shortening/lengthening either the front or rear spacers would put the mounting bolts askew from their target bolt pattern.

By the way, for any of you interested in purchasing BIG or Slim Racks, I have them all on sale right now on evil ebay.
Back to top Go down
hyperboarder

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 9 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 10:25 pm

Jnscaggs wrote:
Lord Hornka, I have been using a professional anodizer for most of this year and have them anodized(black) in batches of 20-30 racks, so I can't do the custom coloring anymore cost effectively. However, if someone is dead set on having a blue, red, yellow, or whatever color let me know and I may be willing to setup the equipment in my garage again and give it a shot for somebody who asks nicely and has the patience to let me work it into my schedule.

Also, as for your question about the spacers, the rack currently is designed to work parrallel to the bike's subframe which it is mounted to. So, shortening/lengthening either the front or rear spacers would put the mounting bolts askew from their target bolt pattern.

By the way, for any of you interested in purchasing BIG or Slim Racks, I have them all on sale right now on evil ebay.
Saw that. How long is the sale good for? Waiting on a check before I buy...
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 9 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 10:59 pm

I'll keep sale prices up until Halloween. If you don't get in before I take them off sale, send me a message and I'll give the sale price anyway.

By the way any of you guys that would like to order, feel free to contact me directly at jnscaggs@gmail.com and save me on some eBay fees....

Thanks everybody!
Back to top Go down
Drifter Dave

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 9 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 11:39 pm

Question RE the hardware that came with my rack.
Am I supposed to use the locknuts? There is not enough thread exposed under the bike to get the locknuts on properly. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 9 EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 11:47 pm

The locknuts are not used with the factory tail peice. Just included in case they are needed for any aftermarket tails. Although I'm not including them anymore because I don't think they are really necessary.
Back to top Go down
Drifter Dave

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 9 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 12:00 am

Ok gotcha - thanks for the quick response!
Back to top Go down
AZNoob

AZNoob

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 9 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 6:53 pm

Jnscaggs wrote:
I'll keep sale prices up until Halloween. If you don't get in before I take them off sale, send me a message and I'll give the sale price anyway.

By the way any of you guys that would like to order, feel free to contact me directly at jnscaggs@gmail.com and save me on some eBay fees....

Thanks everybody!
Sent you an email. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
hyperboarder

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 9 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 5:23 pm

Got mine mounted last night, easy peasy. Modded an OG Giant Loop to fit too, I was pleasantly surprised to see that the top straps are able to wrap around the rack without any modification or issue. Bolted lashing straps to the bolt holes to tie to the passenger pegs.

Strapped to the rack:
New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 9 6377E721-826C-40AB-8B27-5207A8A3374A-962-00000163AD74D0E5_zps9c22f6b9

All mounted up:
New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 9 C2b3b4f1-da15-4ecf-a8b2-af6543d1daaf_zps1f3929f0

Awesome product Jared, very nice craftsmanship.
Back to top Go down
hyperboarder

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 9 EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 10:33 pm

More critical testing tonight:

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 9 D4D8D4CD-0E1D-4007-9D11-0C3A8D86468D-2237-000003320A8098D6_zpse197f6cd

6 pack fits easy. The straps are plenty long, I think I could haul 24 if I wanted.
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 9 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 10:30 pm

possibly the best use of the rack to date!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Billet Cargo Rack Available
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next