Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New Billet Cargo Rack Available

Go down 
+96
Klymax
wwguy
dicklane625
ToddDubya
kabulpostie
Leo167
manybikes
fijiman
speersie
voicecraft
MjrD
Jäger
sehah
twinrider
DWK
vodka
Wanderer
wjfawb0
PortlandWRider
nsrider
vnp514
jawn
TheCycle
AZNoob
Drifter Dave
f3joel
Lord Hornka
nolowatt
rsteiger
hyperboarder
raymondhenson
lineguy
dirtjunkie
bluzharp
rideblue
WR25RY
Wrex250
yamaMOTOyama
aw113sgte
nozzle
mordicai
Rusty Shovel
Crabbuckle
miniceptor86
Nine Ways
TinyL
jec
808BMW
sswrx
Opie
Sewcrates
StreetGhost
sikwilly
wristpin
Nanabijou
TrailDust&SaddleLthr
Rockmantex
Camdlux
xaman
Corndogs
Mr. Fisherman
oldmansurfing
Pokey
Alan Case
bracky72
derverla
paknet
nwbase
JustWannaRide
mcwbyu82
Brianr4
Monkeynuts
Blackdog
motocrossmann
zag300zx
Arkmage
croc
bmwrider1946
Curbhopper
Me2
WRXR
IAmABug
Gany
jkstehn
sturgeon
GsVs
jason meacham
lenzhotrod
Coop
craigq
gatorfan
PYG RYDR
yaw
motokid
Chrispy1200
Jnscaggs
100 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
mordicai

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 8 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 12:43 pm

Jnscaggs wrote:
Hey everybody, I've got a one off gray anodized slim rack if anybody is interested. It's for sale of course, $155 in the US add $25 for Canada or $35 for anywhere else in the world. Send me a PM or email me at jnscaggs@gmail.com to purchase
It's the one in the middle, the black fz1 rack and plain rack are just for color reference. The color would match very well on an R model with the gray frame!

Thanks!
Jared

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 8 Gray_s10
Well that's a super looking rack and would look great on my white 250x. Where were you two years ago when I bought my AMS 6061 rack??? These 6061 racks last longer then the bike so I'm screwed and have to live in "rack lust" now forever! I have to stop reading this forum!
Back to top Go down
nozzle

PostSubject: related question...   New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 8 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 8:35 pm

Has anyone adapted a VFR topcase for this rack? Givi makes the Honda VFR hardcases and it would be sweet if I can reuse the topbox. figured I'd ask before more surfing to figure it out. thanks, Noz
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 8 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 8:49 pm

If the VFR givi top case is a monokey design then it will work with the big rack that I make. I would venture to guess that a nice case like that provided from a factory accessories catalog would be a monokey since the monolock is more of a budget case.
Back to top Go down
aw113sgte

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 5:34 pm

Got mine a few days ago. Looks great! now just need some warmer weather.

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 8 2013-03-23140637_zps98b71bc9
Back to top Go down
yamaMOTOyama

yamaMOTOyama

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 7:17 pm

Received this beauty the other day. Very nice indeed. Thanks Jared.

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 8 Photo_14

Installed it on the bike and gave the bike a bath. The results:

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 8 Photo_15

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 8 Photo_16
Back to top Go down
Sewcrates

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 10:24 pm

It's been 6 months since I have installed the rack (albeit 6 COLD months) and I have gotten out a few times.
Someone asked about Rotopax, and I can reply that it works amazingly well in the field. It is, by far, the most solid solution I have used for fuel transport. I can mount a bag on top of the rotopax with the straps still connected to the rack. Excellent solution! Unfortunately, no pics of that.
Thanks Jared!

Action shot from recent Moab trip:

[img]New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 8 Photo_11[/img]
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 7:43 pm

I am glad you guys are enjoying your racks, I really love the black rack on the white bike! That really looks sweet! I hope you don't mind if I use a couple of your pictures in my ebay listing yama.
Back to top Go down
yamaMOTOyama

yamaMOTOyama

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 8 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 4:10 pm

Jnscaggs wrote:
I hope you don't mind if I use a couple of your pictures in my ebay listing yama.

No problem, go for it.
Back to top Go down
Nine Ways

PostSubject: Rack with Wolfman Bags   New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 1:18 pm

Finally got around to posting up my install. Some folks wanted to know if the rack would interfere with Wolfman bags so I took some photos to show the bags and rack in action.

Here is the rack installed. Notice that the wolfman racks sit very low on the sides of the bike. There is no interference with them or with the bags installed.

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 8 2013-03-30_09-47-45_308

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 8 2013-03-30_09-59-41_875

I purchased the slim rack first, but then my XT died so I need to use the WR for hauling stuff and needed to mount a Givi case so I swapped out the slim rack for the bigger model.

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 8 2013-03-30_10-29-42_655

If you look closely you can see the rear strap is sitting just behind the Givi mounting studs which should help keep the bags from sliding forward, although I have never had that happen even under hard braking.

Another view

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 8 2013-03-30_10-31-24_283

I really like the Wolfman soft luggage. It is very durable and holds a lot for their size. I have a tendency to over fill them and have ridden days with the bags rolled over only once or twice with no moisture or shifting issues. I've got a yellow dry bag that I use between them.

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 8 4HorseshoeBeachWelcome

My slim rack is for sale in that section if anyone wants to save a few bucks on one thumb

Last edited by Nine Ways on Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 4:55 pm

Nineways, I hope you did the Dixie Mainline Loop while you were near Horseshoe Beach.

(sorry for the brief highjacking)
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 8 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 2:31 pm

Thanks everyone for your continued support and posting pictures of your setups, It is very satisfying to me to see my work at it's final stage being put to work, show or both.

I just wanted to give an update on the production of these racks:
I have stopped anodizing at home, I have begun using an anodizing company in Indianapolis, IN that does a great job! I just got my first batch back from them this morning all of which look great! I have a couple big stacks of these racks ready for immediate shipment.

I feel like the anodized racks are far superior in wear resistance and looks to the non-anodized finish, so I would like to only sell plain racks by special request.

The best part of doing this is it saves me a ton of time not having to anodize these myself so I want to pass on some of the savings, also I am discounting the BIG Rack by even more than the Slim Rack.

S0, as of 04-24-2013 new prices are
Black Slim Rack - $145
Black Big Rack - $170

Subtract $10 for non anodized but availability may vary

contact me at jnscaggs@gmail.com to order or search eBay for WR250 Billet Rack

Thanks Everybody!

Back to top Go down
Wrex250

Wrex250

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 8 EmptyMon May 06, 2013 2:58 pm

Hey Jared! I just ordered a black slim rack from you on Ebay. deal Can't wait to mount it on my WR. Anyone use a Giant Loop Coyote bag on it yet? I couldn't find any pictures...

Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
Opie

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 8 EmptySun May 12, 2013 12:33 pm

Installed my rack the other day. For some reason, there weren't any instructions in the box, so I took some pics and wrote up a few notes from the installation.

jnscaggs slim rack installation
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 8 EmptyMon May 13, 2013 7:54 pm

Sorry about that I have the instructions listed in my eBay listing and had thought that was ok. Anyhow thanks for writing up downloadable instructions!
Back to top Go down
Nanabijou

Nanabijou

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 8 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 10:29 am

Opie wrote:
Installed my rack the other day. For some reason, there weren't any instructions in the box, so I took some pics and wrote up a few notes from the installation.

jnscaggs slim rack installation

Thanks for linking to the instructions Opie. I installed mine yesterday. Somehow I missed these instructions too. However, many here have suggested that the assembly is pretty straight-forward, so I trusted their judgment. I found that once I got started - it became quite clear how everything fit together and everything made sense. The fact that Yamaha included where to drill the holes in the plastic on the fender made it even easier. I ended up using a 1/2" drill bit and this worked out perfectly. The spacers fit very snugly with this size bit and everything fit together nicely. I ended up using Loctite Blue on the fasteners as well.

Mike
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 8 EmptyTue May 21, 2013 6:09 pm

Does anyone have a black Big rack on a white X/R ? If so I would love some high quality photos for my eBay listings. Or if anyone in this situation is interested in putting a Black Big Rack on their white bike I would be willing to give a $20 discount to you for submitting those pictures to me. Please contact me at jnscaggs@gmail.com or through PM
Thanks guys I hope you all are enjoying your racks!
Back to top Go down
WR25RY

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 8 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 4:56 am

Is there a pic of rotopax on the big rack mounted/mocked both length and width wise? I want the rack to extend beyond the rotopax so I can run bungee cord to add a bag on top of rotopax. If the big rack does not extend beyond rotopax, then I would buy the slim one and use the bolt holding the rack to the bike to hook bungee.
Back to top Go down
Nine Ways

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 8 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 8:07 am

Did you look at the photos on page 4 of this thread?

I don't think it is necessary for the rack to extend past the gas jug to use bungees with it. The slots in the sides of the racks are perfect for the flat cord bungees that you can get.

I'm working right now but maybe later I can take some pics of the jug mounted on my bike.
Back to top Go down
Rusty Shovel

Rusty Shovel

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 8 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 12:47 pm

WR25RY wrote:
Is there a pic of rotopax on the big rack mounted/mocked both length and width wise? I want the rack to extend beyond the rotopax so I can run bungee cord to add a bag on top of rotopax. If the big rack does not extend beyond rotopax, then I would buy the slim one and use the bolt holding the rack to the bike to hook bungee.

I have the big rack. I just re-installed it because something was faulty with the anodizing. By "Re-installing" I mean I unscrewed four screws, then retightened them. The entire procedure lasted 2 minutes. As you can see, my black rack turned a weird purple color.

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 8 DSC00149

I contacted Jared with a pic. He had the new rack in the mail almost immediately. His included a label for the return postage. Pretty impeccable customer service in my opinion. I'm glad he didn't suggest that I return my rack before he mailed out the replacement; that would have been lame. Jared assured me that the color fade was not normal.

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 8 DSC00150

To answer your question, yes, the Rotopax does protrude over the edges of even the wide rack (which is what I have). I opted for the Wolfman side rack (you can see pics in the mods section). But, I DID initially try to strap the Rotopax directly to the top rack once. It didn't work out; there was just too much play. If you intend to use the Rotopax mount on your rack and then strap your gear directly to the Rotopax, I think it's worth a try. The Rotopax is very sturdy and it's handles are very tough. If you go this route, be sure to send pics of your solution.

Back to top Go down
WR25RY

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 8 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 11:37 pm

Thanks. When you said there were too much play when you strapped rotopax to your rack, did you mean by using Jared's rack and rotopax's mounting system or by some other means? I think I am about to buy his slim rack and want to make sure there are not "too much play" when rotopax is attached...
Back to top Go down
Rusty Shovel

Rusty Shovel

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 8 EmptyWed May 29, 2013 1:09 am

WR25RY wrote:
Thanks. When you said there were too much play when you strapped rotopax to your rack, did you mean by using Jared's rack and rotopax's mounting system or by some other means? I think I am about to buy his slim rack and want to make sure there are not "too much play" when rotopax is attached...

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I initially tried to jimmy-rig the Rotopax to my rack WITHOUT the Rotopax mounting system. This didn't go so well; straps just didn't hold it very well. WITH the mounting system the gas can is very secure.
Back to top Go down
rideblue

rideblue

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 8 EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 6:35 am

Is the non-anodized billit rack still available..? in either size ?
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 8 EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 7:56 am

Right now I have Big Racks in stock that have not been anodized. Send me an email to jnscaggs@gmail.com if you would like to order one or for more info
Back to top Go down
WR25RY

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 8 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 4:11 am

Thanks Rusty Shovel and Jared! I got it while back, but I just got it installed. It's solid as a rock. Now I need to buy rotopax...

Would it be too much to anodize the screws? or the screw head? It might be nice to have the black screws on black rack. Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
bluzharp

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 8 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 11:45 am

Screws can't be anodized but you can color them with a Sharpie. Better yet, put something on the rack and you'll never know what color the screws are. Very happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Billet Cargo Rack Available
Page 8 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next