Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New Billet Cargo Rack Available

Go down 
+96
Klymax
wwguy
dicklane625
ToddDubya
kabulpostie
Leo167
manybikes
fijiman
speersie
voicecraft
MjrD
Jäger
sehah
twinrider
DWK
vodka
Wanderer
wjfawb0
PortlandWRider
nsrider
vnp514
jawn
TheCycle
AZNoob
Drifter Dave
f3joel
Lord Hornka
nolowatt
rsteiger
hyperboarder
raymondhenson
lineguy
dirtjunkie
bluzharp
rideblue
WR25RY
Wrex250
yamaMOTOyama
aw113sgte
nozzle
mordicai
Rusty Shovel
Crabbuckle
miniceptor86
Nine Ways
TinyL
jec
808BMW
sswrx
Opie
Sewcrates
StreetGhost
sikwilly
wristpin
Nanabijou
TrailDust&SaddleLthr
Rockmantex
Camdlux
xaman
Corndogs
Mr. Fisherman
oldmansurfing
Pokey
Alan Case
bracky72
derverla
paknet
nwbase
JustWannaRide
mcwbyu82
Brianr4
Monkeynuts
Blackdog
motocrossmann
zag300zx
Arkmage
croc
bmwrider1946
Curbhopper
Me2
WRXR
IAmABug
Gany
jkstehn
sturgeon
GsVs
jason meacham
lenzhotrod
Coop
craigq
gatorfan
PYG RYDR
yaw
motokid
Chrispy1200
Jnscaggs
100 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
AuthorMessage
fijiman

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 11 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 12:49 pm

These are great racks!! Looks awesome. I just contacted the guy over his website and talked to him, super nice guy....I already have a rack, but I really could use the ORIGINAL Big Rack....
Wondering if anyone wants to get rid of their as it is not being manufactured anymore.

Back to top Go down
manybikes

manybikes

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 11 EmptyFri May 22, 2015 1:27 am

Just looked on the website.
I will be ordering one of these racks....best out there.

Back to top Go down
Leo167

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 11 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 10:56 pm

manybikes wrote:
Just looked on the website.
I will be ordering one of these racks....best out there.

Ordered one Thursday night.......met me at the door today when I got home.. nice kit
New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 11 Skaggs11
Back to top Go down
Leo167

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 11 EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 5:46 pm

Thanks Mr. Scaggs.. for the easy, affordable, good looking kit
just one question though? Is it supposed to angle up like that in the rear, the front by the seat is just about touching the plastic
I would think it should be parallel with the tail, or was I supposed cut down the spacer for the rear, maybe I made a mistake? (see 2 last photos)

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 11 Image-10

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 11 Image-11

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 11 Image12

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 11 Image-12
Back to top Go down
ToddDubya

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 11 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 11:46 am

I'm pretty sure I need one of these racks. I like the clean profile of the slim model but I see a lot of you get the Big Rack. What are the advantages of the Big Rack over the Slim?

-Todd
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 11 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 11:53 am

Hey Todd, the big rack was basically created for the task of mounting a Givi Monokey case, although the extra surface area is just useful overall.

Any other questions about them, I'd be happy to help.

Thanks
Jared Scaggs
Back to top Go down
ToddDubya

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 11 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 2:51 pm

Jared,

Thanks for the quick response. Is there any negative to the extra size of the Big Rack? I'm guessing it's going to be smaller than just about anything you put on it, so it's not like it adds anything that would interfere. I don't have anything specific to mount to it just yet. For now I just want a place to bungee things or attach a small duffel bag.

-Todd
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 11 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 8:52 pm

I never saw a negative for the big rack over the Slim, I personally always preferred the big rack, both in style and its ability to secure bigger things to it just a little better.
Back to top Go down
ToddDubya

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 11 EmptyMon May 16, 2016 9:06 pm

Sold. Just ordered from your site.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 11 EmptyTue May 17, 2016 12:27 pm

I have one of the "big" racks, and it's slick as can be. More versatile in my opinion since it gives you a wider base. I run a Wolfman Wolf Tail bag on mine. I might use a monokey at some point for trips.
Back to top Go down
kabulpostie

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 11 EmptyWed May 18, 2016 11:42 am

I have one of the small racks, and if I had to do it all over again I would go with the big rack. Provides more options for everyday use as well as for adventuring. I'm planning my first real trip this summer and am realizing that I don't really have enough real estate to secure a duffel to.
Back to top Go down
ToddDubya

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 11 EmptySun May 22, 2016 10:47 am

I put mine on the other day and it looks great. I didn't have a 1/2" bit to drill out the rear fender so I started with a 3/8" thinking I could just open it up a bit and slide the spacer in. It very quickly started to look like rubbish so I switched to a spade bit and it cut beautifully perfect holes. If you're looking to put one one, I'd definitely go with the spade bit over a traditional bit for a cleaner job.
Back to top Go down
dicklane625

dicklane625

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 11 EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 9:38 pm

I bought the mini a couple months ago. I like the profile of it more. I am planning on adding the rotopax kit so I don't think having less space will bother me. I have yet to do this.... Maybe I wont be able to tie around the rotopax at all? I didn't think it would matter tho since the rotopax is bigger than both racks...
Back to top Go down
wwguy

wwguy

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 11 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 12:58 pm

dicklane625 wrote:
I bought the mini a couple months ago. I like the profile of it more. I am planning on adding the rotopax kit so I don't think having less space will bother me. I have yet to do this.... Maybe I wont be able to tie around the rotopax at all? I didn't think it would matter tho since the rotopax is bigger than both racks...

The rotopax mounts sideways on the rack.  With a 1 gallon rotopax this exposes the front and rear slots on the rack for tying additional items on top of the rotopax.  When I bought my big rack a couple of years ago the small rack had two slots on front and only one on the rear.  The big rack had two slots on front (spaced farther apart than the small rack) and two slots on the rear too.  I bought the big rack primarily because it was easier to secure items on top of the rotopax.

I don't think I could have tied my bag on top of the rotopax like this with the small rack:

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 11 Pinyon10
Back to top Go down
dicklane625

dicklane625

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 11 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 7:55 pm

I'll alter parts new outa the box, if need be... Piece of aluminum here, a weld there, dun. The rack is anodized, but that wouldn't stop me... I could add an in-between rack n rotopax rack. No welding necessary. 12x12x1/8" aluminum, mount to the rotopax bolts for easy, the rack bolts themselves for structure, Profile it how I like it, drill some tie down holes exactly where I want, n I still have my sexy but functional for me bike. This things getting built exactly how I want, even if they don't make what I want. This is the wrong place for this but I just remembered... The flatland racing radiator guard is probably better than stock, slightly, but there's no cover on the lower radiator tank at all. I added a strip of aluminum to cover it already. I might beef it up a little more still... I've cracked other aluminum radiator tanks and they are about as think as a soda can wall... Maybe twice as thick but that's still thin. Rocks can get kicked up and go through the crankcase, I've seen it, but not paper thin radiator tank? This settles it, I'm off to the radiator guard section. That is some bs.
Back to top Go down
Klymax

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 11 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2016 11:34 pm

Hi All,

I'm very late to the WR250R party but wanted to reassure any other new comers that this rack is still available and looks fantastic! Incredibly easy to install with supplied bolts and spacers from Jnscaggs! Even drilling the fender with my ineptitude produced a perfectly aligned result!

I'm not only an Aussie - but I'm remote, literally in the outback Northern Territory - so usually anything coming from the US means its the final price plus another half, but I'm here to tell you there is nothing on the planet I could find that looks even half as good as these with the same final dollar amount.

My apologies for such a long winded first post (and my dirty fender) as I do try and stick to a less is more mentality.

Get onto Jared guys, treat yourself and get the recut chamfers version! He was extremely prompt and helpful! (thanks again if you read this!)

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 11 20161110
Back to top Go down
Hogbert_1999

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 11 EmptySun Feb 19, 2017 7:57 am

Quick question I see that the large wider version fits well with the Wolfman Tail bag super interested on how the bag fits on the slimmer rack? Anyone tried this have a picture?

Thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
dicklane625

dicklane625

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 11 EmptySun Feb 19, 2017 2:28 pm

I've grown to hate photobucket... It runs too slow on my computer. Might be better if I paid but I don't. I have a pic of it over in the pictures forum with the wolfman tail bag mounted to a slim rack.
https://wr250rforum.forumotion.com/t13149-my-2015
Back to top Go down
superboots

PostSubject: Givi Trekker   New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 11 EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 11:43 am

I put the Scaggs Moto big rack on my 2016 WR250R. I also added the Scaggs Givi Monokey mount kit and mounted a Givi Trekker 42 top box.
Here's a video review I did on the setup.

Back to top Go down
scottjpalmer

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 11 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 6:17 am

Great to see these are still available, I've just ordered a big one.

My main motive is Rotopax mounting but I'm trying to choose between 1 gallon, 1.75 gallon and 2 gallon gen 2. Could someone please post top down photos of any of these combinations?

Seems the ability to mount the Rotopax base in either orientation has been removed which shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
OMREBEL2003

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 11 EmptyTue Dec 21, 2021 10:09 pm

Where can I get one? Could someone send a link to page? Thank you.
Back to top Go down
scottjpalmer

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 11 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2021 3:39 pm

OMREBEL2003 wrote:
Where can I get one? Could someone send a link to page? Thank you.

https://www.scaggsracks.com/store
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Billet Cargo Rack Available
Page 11 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11