Welcome to the WRR/X Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the WRR/X Forum

A place to share your passion for the WR250R/X!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
WR250R/X Forum

New Billet Cargo Rack Available

Go down 
+96
Klymax
wwguy
dicklane625
ToddDubya
kabulpostie
Leo167
manybikes
fijiman
speersie
voicecraft
MjrD
Jäger
sehah
twinrider
DWK
vodka
Wanderer
wjfawb0
PortlandWRider
nsrider
vnp514
jawn
TheCycle
AZNoob
Drifter Dave
f3joel
Lord Hornka
nolowatt
rsteiger
hyperboarder
raymondhenson
lineguy
dirtjunkie
bluzharp
rideblue
WR25RY
Wrex250
yamaMOTOyama
aw113sgte
nozzle
mordicai
Rusty Shovel
Crabbuckle
miniceptor86
Nine Ways
TinyL
jec
808BMW
sswrx
Opie
Sewcrates
StreetGhost
sikwilly
wristpin
Nanabijou
TrailDust&SaddleLthr
Rockmantex
Camdlux
xaman
Corndogs
Mr. Fisherman
oldmansurfing
Pokey
Alan Case
bracky72
derverla
paknet
nwbase
JustWannaRide
mcwbyu82
Brianr4
Monkeynuts
Blackdog
motocrossmann
zag300zx
Arkmage
croc
bmwrider1946
Curbhopper
Me2
WRXR
IAmABug
Gany
jkstehn
sturgeon
GsVs
jason meacham
lenzhotrod
Coop
craigq
gatorfan
PYG RYDR
yaw
motokid
Chrispy1200
Jnscaggs
100 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
StreetGhost

StreetGhost

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 3:59 pm

Here is my Billet Cargo rack in action.

[img]New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 Gopr1013[/img]
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 10:21 am

Your bike looks really nice! I wish that the knucks would have worked out!

I am posting because I wanted to announce that I am removing all the eBay listings for the winter except the non-anodized Slim Rack. Both Anodized and Non versions of the Big Rack and Slim Rack will continue to be available but you will have to contact me directly for delivery time-frame (maybe an additional 2-3 days over the normal for anodized racks). Like I had said before it is getting to cold to do anodizing in my garage, so I moved the setup to a much less convenient heated location.

Anyhow, to order any rack send me an email at JNSCAGGS@GMAIL.COM
Prices are

Slim Rack $130
Slim Rack Anodized Black $155
Big Rack $170
Big Rack Anodized Black $195
Back to top Go down
808BMW

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 2:16 am

Just got my rack in, it came so fast I was just itching to throw it on. Surprised how quickly I got it, even out in Hawaii. Easy as pie to install and looks great, was thinking about the rotopax storage case, anyone use one yet?

The black is so smooth
New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 Sumo_beach

Thanks cheers
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 11:11 am

A new picture was sent to me of a white WRx with a recently installed Big Rack, I liked the picture so I thought I would post it up! I love the white bodywork
New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 Wrx410
Back to top Go down
jec

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 1:23 am

Jared, you beat me to it; I was going to post the same picture! My WRx looks even better in the flesh with the big rack, and it fits perfectly even around the extra wide Fisher Seat. While I'm fair to middling with gadgetry and tools in general, the WRx is my first bike, so I assumed I'd run true to form and screw the project up twice before I got it right once. However, a quick email from Jared with simple instructions, a close look at rack, fender, and frame, and it all came together so quickly and easily that as I neared completion, I was suspicious in an "it's too quiet out there" sort of way. 30 minutes start to finish, tops.

I took the WRx in to the dealer for service this evening, and the service guys noticed - they ALL noticed - the rack. Lots of admiring comments; some asked if it was a Yamaha accessory because of the tuning fork logo. When the dealership guys start thinking your stuff is OEM, well, that pretty much says what you need to know about the quality of Jared's work, except for what I told them - it's not OEM, it's better!

Back to top Go down
TinyL

TinyL

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 6:34 am

Just sent a Email to you...great looking product! I will take a Large non-anodized please.
Back to top Go down
Nine Ways

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 7:01 pm

Hmm, I am also wondering how the big rack will look with a set of Wolfman side racks. I think there will be no clearance issues. As soon as I get mine installed I'll post up some pics.
Back to top Go down
TinyL

TinyL

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 3:32 pm

Received mine today...nice rack! Don't usually say that to guys Very happy

Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 1:21 pm

Hey Guys! I did a little one off slim rack where the anodizing kind of fades from a dark goldish color at the bottom into a nice black, but as you can see from the pictures it mostly just looks black. If you hold it in the light just right you can see the fade, not what I was going for but that's what experiments are all about! plus I think it looks really cool. I re-machined the chamfers and the tuning forks after anodizing to make it really pop. I am looking to sell it for $150 shipped if anyone is interested.

The picture is still deceiving because my body is putting the right side of the rack in a shadow, however the color is actually uniform from side to side.
New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 Slim_r10
Back to top Go down
miniceptor86

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 3:14 pm

I wish you would stop posting photos of your rack. I don't need one and there is no way I would put any of these on mr r2. On the wall of my shop yes! They are too nice to get trashed stuffed under a bunch of gear, I'd have to carry my crap in a backpack like I do now!

Jim
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 3:21 pm

haha, ok I'm sorry! next time I drop one down a flight of stairs I'll let you know and I'll just give you that one.

You guys should see the walls in my garage! dear god, I have more cool looking failed protos and templates than I know what to do with.
Back to top Go down
miniceptor86

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 5:24 pm

If they're anything like the stuff you been showin' here I'd be happy to loan you some wall space. And while I wouldn't put your rack on the back of the R2, the DL1000 V Strom has been bitchin up a storm about the pathetic collection of 1x1/4 aluminum bars I had the machine shop weld up and bolted down on the stocker for a wider platform.

Jim
Back to top Go down
Crabbuckle

Crabbuckle

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 10:48 pm

After reading some of these posts and looking at the obvious quality of construction,i couldn't take the pressure any longer. i had to cave in and order one of these. I know, i could have carved one out of an old canoe paddle or fashioned one from the remains of my old bio-mass converter, but put something shiny in front of me and i'm all butter.
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 1:47 pm

Hey everybody, I've got a one off gray anodized slim rack if anybody is interested. It's for sale of course, $155 in the US add $25 for Canada or $35 for anywhere else in the world. Send me a PM or email me at jnscaggs@gmail.com to purchase
It's the one in the middle, the black fz1 rack and plain rack are just for color reference. The color would match very well on an R model with the gray frame!

Thanks!
Jared

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 Gray_s10
Back to top Go down
Rusty Shovel

Rusty Shovel

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 12:47 pm

Just ordered a large black anodized rack. I can't wait to install. I'll post picks as soon as it's done.
Back to top Go down
mordicai

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 12:43 pm

Jnscaggs wrote:
Hey everybody, I've got a one off gray anodized slim rack if anybody is interested. It's for sale of course, $155 in the US add $25 for Canada or $35 for anywhere else in the world. Send me a PM or email me at jnscaggs@gmail.com to purchase
It's the one in the middle, the black fz1 rack and plain rack are just for color reference. The color would match very well on an R model with the gray frame!

Thanks!
Jared

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 Gray_s10
Well that's a super looking rack and would look great on my white 250x. Where were you two years ago when I bought my AMS 6061 rack??? These 6061 racks last longer then the bike so I'm screwed and have to live in "rack lust" now forever! I have to stop reading this forum!
Back to top Go down
nozzle

PostSubject: related question...   New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 8:35 pm

Has anyone adapted a VFR topcase for this rack? Givi makes the Honda VFR hardcases and it would be sweet if I can reuse the topbox. figured I'd ask before more surfing to figure it out. thanks, Noz
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 8:49 pm

If the VFR givi top case is a monokey design then it will work with the big rack that I make. I would venture to guess that a nice case like that provided from a factory accessories catalog would be a monokey since the monolock is more of a budget case.
Back to top Go down
aw113sgte

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 5:34 pm

Got mine a few days ago. Looks great! now just need some warmer weather.

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 2013-03-23140637_zps98b71bc9
Back to top Go down
yamaMOTOyama

yamaMOTOyama

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 7:17 pm

Received this beauty the other day. Very nice indeed. Thanks Jared.

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 Photo_14

Installed it on the bike and gave the bike a bath. The results:

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 Photo_15

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 Photo_16
Back to top Go down
Sewcrates

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 10:24 pm

It's been 6 months since I have installed the rack (albeit 6 COLD months) and I have gotten out a few times.
Someone asked about Rotopax, and I can reply that it works amazingly well in the field. It is, by far, the most solid solution I have used for fuel transport. I can mount a bag on top of the rotopax with the straps still connected to the rack. Excellent solution! Unfortunately, no pics of that.
Thanks Jared!

Action shot from recent Moab trip:

[img]New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 Photo_11[/img]
Back to top Go down
Jnscaggs

Jnscaggs

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 7:43 pm

I am glad you guys are enjoying your racks, I really love the black rack on the white bike! That really looks sweet! I hope you don't mind if I use a couple of your pictures in my ebay listing yama.
Back to top Go down
yamaMOTOyama

yamaMOTOyama

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 4:10 pm

Jnscaggs wrote:
I hope you don't mind if I use a couple of your pictures in my ebay listing yama.

No problem, go for it.
Back to top Go down
Nine Ways

PostSubject: Rack with Wolfman Bags   New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 1:18 pm

Finally got around to posting up my install. Some folks wanted to know if the rack would interfere with Wolfman bags so I took some photos to show the bags and rack in action.

Here is the rack installed. Notice that the wolfman racks sit very low on the sides of the bike. There is no interference with them or with the bags installed.

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 2013-03-30_09-47-45_308

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 2013-03-30_09-59-41_875

I purchased the slim rack first, but then my XT died so I need to use the WR for hauling stuff and needed to mount a Givi case so I swapped out the slim rack for the bigger model.

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 2013-03-30_10-29-42_655

If you look closely you can see the rear strap is sitting just behind the Givi mounting studs which should help keep the bags from sliding forward, although I have never had that happen even under hard braking.

Another view

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 2013-03-30_10-31-24_283

I really like the Wolfman soft luggage. It is very durable and holds a lot for their size. I have a tendency to over fill them and have ridden days with the bags rolled over only once or twice with no moisture or shifting issues. I've got a yellow dry bag that I use between them.

New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 4HorseshoeBeachWelcome

My slim rack is for sale in that section if anyone wants to save a few bucks on one thumb

Last edited by Nine Ways on Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gatorfan

gatorfan

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 4:55 pm

Nineways, I hope you did the Dixie Mainline Loop while you were near Horseshoe Beach.

(sorry for the brief highjacking)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Billet Cargo Rack Available    New Billet Cargo Rack Available  - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Billet Cargo Rack Available
Page 7 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next